• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1969 Gap "Premium Denim"

Ohhai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by darmstyle
This is a brand new line that's just debuting this week. I think they had a pseudo-"premium" attempt last year, but the jeans didn't really change at all. This is supposed to be a heavy shift, though I haven't seen them or tried them on.

Nothing at all really changed last year as far as the denim goes. Selvedge did gain some visibility and recieved more offerings but the variations of the Japanese denim selvage line have been around since the Gough jean which I believe was 2005.

The only real change last year was the addition of "Slim Straight" late in 2007 which was subsequently replaced by 'Low Rise Straight' which is now simply 'Straight'

This new stuff was a complete reboot for women and a partial reboot for men. I cannot confirm but I think you will see all of men's new by next year as they phase out the older washes in the ongoing fits. By then all of men's should be double ring spun denim as all of women's currently is.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the raw selvage ones. I'm not a denim snob at all, but they seem nice.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ohhai: when can we start expecting a lot of the clothes featured in the "a new direction" collection? also -- what boots were featured in that lookbook?

Ohhai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
ohhai: when can we start expecting a lot of the clothes featured in the "a new direction" collection? also -- what boots were featured in that lookbook?
As far as the actual runway collection, I assume that any of that stuff that does make it into stores will be part of Holiday which hits October week 1. Great question on the boots. A friend of mine asked the same thing about some of the women's shoes in the newest marketing. I THINK most of them are Pierre Hardy. I know several of the women's are part of the newest Gap x Pierre Hardy line. I still haven't gotten an official answer back. When I do, I'll let you know.

mtlandfamous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ohhai
As far as the actual runway collection, I assume that any of that stuff that does make it into stores will be part of Holiday which hits October week 1.

Great question on the boots. A friend of mine asked the same thing about some of the women's shoes in the newest marketing. I THINK most of them are Pierre Hardy. I know several of the women's are part of the newest Gap x Pierre Hardy line. I still haven't gotten an official answer back. When I do, I'll let you know.

For a second I thought you wrote that Gap merged with Ed Hardy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads