• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$180.00 Custom Tailored Suit Pics

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The photos are not large enough to get a true feel, but that notwithstanding:

The jacket is poorly shaped to your torso, the collar is sitting away from your neck, there is way too much fabric at the back, and way too much suppression at the waist. The overall effect is to create a ballooning in the back, while conveying a tighness at the waist. The sleeve pitch is wrong and the sleeves were cut too wide and hang too long relative to your wrist. Button stance is too high and the spacing on the buttons is too close together. Shoulders do not sit smooth.

Photos do not convey sufficient information as to the trousers.

From one of the earlier posts, you indicated that you were going for a professional look and not necessarily seeking perfection. I am sorry, but to me, were you to be presenting yourself in that suit, I would think that the suit looked cheap and ill fitting. My view would not change had you spent considerably more. Indeed, I have seen folk n Target suits (there is a photo floating around the forum) look well fitted and nicely turned out in a ~ $150.00 suit.

I have no opinion regarding your shirts, the issue of concealed weapons, or the nascent bromance.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
The photos are not large enough to get a true feel, but that notwithstanding:

The jacket is poorly shaped to your torso, the collar is sitting away from your neck, there is way too much fabric at the back, and way too much suppression at the waist. The overall effect is to create a ballooning in the back, while conveying a tighness at the waist. The sleeve pitch is wrong and the sleeves were cut too wide and hang too long relative to your wrist. Button stance is too high and the spacing on the buttons is too close together. Shoulders do not sit smooth.

Photos do not convey sufficient information as to the trousers.

From one of the earlier posts, you indicated that you were going for a professional look and not necessarily seeking perfection. I am sorry, but to me, were you to be presenting yourself in that suit, I would think that the suit looked cheap and ill fitting. My view would not change had you spent considerably more. Indeed, I have seen folk n Target suits (there is a photo floating around the forum) look well fitted and nicely turned out in a ~ $150.00 suit.

Good call, I missed some of that.

I completely agree with this. If you showed up to my office in this suit and you were over 21 years old, I would write you off as unprofessional. It's hard to respect sloppy. You need to dress like a grown up to be taken seriously.

Now, if you were 18 and this was the first suit mommy bought, then it would be passable for a little while.

I have no opinion regarding your shirts, the issue of concealed weapons, or the nascent bromance
lol8[1].gif

I will say this about SF, we aren't women and we aren't trying to sell you anything, so don't be surprised that we act like men that aren't trying to sell you something.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket collar of this suit isn't lined with felt, is it?

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
The jacket collar of this suit isn't lined with felt, is it?

AJ-

I think we can all safely conclude no felt. And, if felt, it just really does not matter. Sometimes you get what you pay for, other times you get less.

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knyteguy
Hey oaw, I'm in Thailand right now studying Muay Thai; though that's for another time. The tailors are very honest, hardworking guys with exceptional quality standards imo. I really do recommend 'em. I'll be here a little while longer so if you'd like me to ask them any questions for you I'd be happy to. (like shipping questions, or whatever)

Hey Dragon, only one pic right now, I don't have a full mirror to take a larger picture, but I'll see what I can do.

They might have quality standards, but certainly not with respect to fit. In complete honesty, the fit, especially in the back is mediocre. Not enough waist suppression, sleeves too long and baggy.

At least it looks like it's side-vented.

I usually don't mind 3-btns, but the 2-button looks a lot better on you.

I admit Eason's comment was completely uncalled for - it had nothing to do with the suit and a better way to mention facial hair would have been with respect.

I also sincerely doubt, though, that that's genuine Super 180s wool; I would advise authorized retailers of Italian or English mills, etc, and take it to the tailor rather than buying indigenous brands of fabric. This is what I did when getting a bespoke suit in India, and worked out better for me. Nevertheless - the suit is starting to degenerate in 6-9 months from overuse and (what I suspect to be) dated/old fabric. Even authorized retailers can pull one over you. To prevent such a problem, target a fabric retailer based on referral (and not the recommendation of the tailor, since he could easily be making a commission based on referral).

Mr T

Reaction score
Your suits are the most disturbing thing to come from Thailand since John Mark Carr.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads