• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$110 for a Spruce hoodie - worth it?

asdfTT123

Reaction score
I've been wanting to get a nice hoodie for awhile now and I've heard good things about Spruce...but is the price justifiable? I've never actualyl felt a spruce hoodie before since I live in the United States but what sets them apart from other hoodies? I must admit I am drawn towards the simplicity of them. Also, I have a sizing question.... I wear size 4 in Lacoste and mostly smalls in polo RL...will a slim fit medium work for me? I like my clothing a bit form fitting but I also want to be able to breathe in it. Also, do they stretch comfortably and allow room for movement and is it a good winter hoodie? Thanks.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you find this for $110? I've just bought one and it's on the way, so I can't comment. Spruce gets good marks around here though.

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
$110 for a spruce hoodie seems to be a very good price..get 'em they are one of the best makers of hoodies right now.they stretch in time and they fit very comfortably

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not an unbelievable price, but definitely quite a good one. Worth it or not depends on your personal financial sitaution, but I don't even consider the full retail price terribly unfair. They are very well made.

asdfTT123

Reaction score
bump...I could still use some sizing help
smile.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Spruce hoodie today, definitely worth the money in terms of fit and construction. I have a question for those who own one. The one I got is a Slim Fit, and as it stands right now, it fits pretty slim. I can deal with this if it doesn't shrink anymore in the dryer. Have you experienced any shrinkage with yours?

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Got my Spruce hoodie today, definitely worth the money in terms of fit and construction. I have a question for those who own one. The one I got is a Slim Fit, and as it stands right now, it fits pretty slim. I can deal with this if it doesn't shrink anymore in the dryer. Have you experienced any shrinkage with yours?
They don't shrink. I've owned probably 5 or 6 Spruce/W&H hoodies and none have shrunk.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
They don't shrink. I've owned probably 5 or 6 Spruce/W&H hoodies and none have shrunk.

Thanks.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn

What size slim did you get and what do you normally wear?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
What size slim did you get and what do you normally wear?

I got a slim grey pinstripe hoodie from one of the fellas over at the other SF. Normally, I'm a Small in RL Slim Fit, or a 3 in Lacoste. I wear my clothes pretty slim, but not skin tight.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spruce (and presumably W+H has not changed) fits fairly true to size. The slim fit is a slim cut, not just a classic cut sized down. No reason to be agonizing over this.

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bungee Man
I have heard that the tiger slims fit alittle bigger.
no, they simply stretch much more easily. The 100% cotton hoodies aren't as forgiving. IMO the tiger fleece are much better for wearing tight due to the stretch factor.

asdfTT123

Reaction score
I just placed an order for a medium slim fit plain white Spruce hoodie...I'm hoping it will fit well (just not skin tight) and remains breathable and somewhat stretchy. What size slim fit did you get, DarkNWorn? I wear small in RL and 4 in Lacoste...I'm really hoping these will fit.

Tiranis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdfTT123
I just placed an order for a medium slim fit plain white Spruce hoodie...

Where did you get it, if you don't mind telling us... ?
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads