• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by Patrizio Cappelli - 3 COLOURWAYS ALREADY GOOD TO GO

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, good news!

Colourways 6, 7 and 11 will be made. I just passed on everybody's preferences to Patrizio and he confirmed that the threshold for each of these is met. He already contacted the weaver who confirmed that all three special runs will be ready by the end of June. It will take another 2 weeks for the ties to be made and shipped out to each and every one of you.

Thanks to all of you who helped us reach the 6 meter threshold!

I am awaiting one more email address from here and two from the Dutch board. Once I have all those I will send out an email to each and every one of you copying Patrizio on that email.

In that email I will specify (i) what colourway or colourways you have committed to , and (ii) your preferred construction method.

It is at that stage still possible to 'up' the folds. Everyone who has volunteered to take a tie with more folds if that would make a run happen I will set at 3 folds standard. But as said, you can ask Patrizio directly to change to 5 or 7 folds.

As mentioned before, the prices are :

- 3 folds - EUR 100
- 5 folds - EUR 120
- 7 folds - EUR 140

This assumes a tie with hand rolled edges (unlined as Patrizio calls it, or sfoderato) like my original brown/orange tie. Should you wish standard construction, the tie will be EUR cheaper. You can specify this when finalizing your order with Patrizio.

Worldwide shipping is EUR 25 and shipping will be handled directly by Patrizio. If you include more ties in your order and order 5 or more in total shipping will be free. Payment will be made in advance directly to Patrizio, preferably via paypal.

The subscription for these three colourways is now closed. You may be able to still get in by emailing Patrizio directly, but there is no guarantee.

Other colourways

I will shortly make an updated spread sheet for the colourways that have not met the 6 meter threshold (yet) and post it in this thread. Should these also fill up in the next week or so, then they can also get made.

Some more good news:

If this all goes smoothly , Patrizio is willing to periodically work with us to do a special run. We will effectively be getting access to the designs from the archives of some of the best weavers in Italy and England. I am anticipating this will be 2 or 3 times per year. I would prefer doing a nice madder and/or a challis for the upcoming fall season. But I'm open to suggestions

Thanks a lot for organising the special order - I have already talked to Patrizio and things are almost settled :)

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh...very nice colors!
Very dandy...compliments!
Very very elegant!
Great combination and very nice ties!
It is still a very vintage silk
Vintage hail
Look at the beauty of this transparency!

This vintage thirst more than 50 years of his life on his shoulders will betting all unlined and all hemmed by hand ancient bespoke, always whole unlined and all hemmed by hand like 100 years ago.

2dl53et.gif

congratulations
to all....
for taking
a ride with
teh boys'
in teh delorean

we are all heading
back in time
all the way back
to 1943
wartime italy
to slake an
ancient thirst =)

who knows
what other treasures
teh delorean
can bring
back to teh future
?

C&A

Reaction score
Order with the weaver was confirmed earlier this week. Patrizio did order a small amount extra just in case. Best send him an email and ask what is still possible. His email address is patriziocappelli [at] libero.it .

C&A

Reaction score
X-post

I'm glad that C&A was willing to put in the work to organize a run recently. But doing it is quite a bit of effort.

Which reminds me. Patrizio emailed that he received the fabrics end of last week and the ties are now being made. He also said that most of the participants paid. A few did not yet, whom I will send a reminder. I just asked for a picture of the fabrics and will attach it to this thread when I receive it.

We have been speaking with Adamley and Patrizio about a few new designs for summer and fall and will update this thread shortly. We will be meeting with Patrizio in about 10 days to finalize those new designs.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

X-post
Which reminds me. Patrizio emailed that he received the fabrics end of last week and the ties are now being made. He also said that most of the participants paid. A few did not yet, whom I will send a reminder. I just asked for a picture of the fabrics and will attach it to this thread when I receive it.

We have been speaking with Adamley and Patrizio about a few new designs for summer and fall and will update this thread shortly. We will be meeting with Patrizio in about 10 days to finalize those new designs.

Looking forward to receiving the reminder!

C&A

Reaction score
Just received these. Photography is not Patrizio's strongest point I'm afraid. The pictures look a bit off and Patrizio added that the burgundy in real life doesn't look brown as in this picture. Also the green and navy one are much nicer in real life he assured me. His personal favorite is the navy/pink one.

C&A

Reaction score

Fabulous :slayer:

I was just re-reading the thread and my emails from Patrizio, his original estimate was for sending on 1st July, he give you an update on that @C&A?

The fabrics were delivered over a week late by the weaver - they were promised to arrive by 13 June at the latest. Anyway, all orders are now in the workshop and he will be sending the ties out early July.

Last edited:

ovlov

Reaction score
Dammit! Now I want the burgundy one too!

Fabulous
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I was just re-reading the thread and my emails from Patrizio, his original estimate was for sending on 1st July, he give you an update on that C&A?
Haha! Could be a whole week behind schedule. I'm already used to italian ties being 4-8 weeks behind. Now I might not have time to add another tie to my order
decisions.gif

C&A

Reaction score

Dammit! Now I want the burgundy one too!

Haha! Could be a whole week behind schedule. I'm already used to italian ties being 4-8 weeks behind. Now I might not have time to add another tie to my order :decisions:

Agree that the burgundy one looks very nice too. He ordered a bit for his shop too. The pictures I just attached are from that stock, so you should still be able to get that one.

I think the 1st of July date is from email exchanges between Cleav and Patrizio at the time Patrizio actually put in the order with the weaver. I didn't put a precise delivery date in the OP to allow for some delay at the weavers. I mentioned weaving in June plus another 1 or 2 weeks to make the ties. So I was expecting them to be shipped out by mid July at the latest.

Still nice to know Patrizio is trying hard to make up for the delay in delivery of the fabrics and working to get the ties shipped out early July. I will actually be at his shop on Friday July 4 and will take some pictures of my ties and attach them here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics