• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by Patrizio Cappelli - 3 COLOURWAYS ALREADY GOOD TO GO

teoky

Reaction score
@ovlov there's option for 3 folds, 5 folds or 7 folds as per Cappelli's standard construction. Which one will you prefer? 5 or 7 folds?

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hober has me believing grenadines should be in at least 4 folds. Does capellini have that option?
If so you can put me down for one.

It's not a lot of difference between 3 or 4 fold imho especially if it's lined. I really like the Cappelli 5 folds. I've actually counted 6 folds.You may want to give it a try.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of ordering two ties, but not yet certain whether I will choose from the existing fabrics or put my name down for the second run of burgundy/bordeaux. I've already emailed Patrizio on this.

I know that Ovlov and tchoy are both Aus-based. Any other Aussies thinking of joining up for this MTO? Reason I'm asking is that perhaps we could request a single-point delivery to save on shipping costs. I am happy to coordinate a group delivery to either Sydney or Melbourne, and I promise I won't abscond with all the ties. PM me if interested.

teoky

Reaction score
The shipping cost to Aus is €35 flat rate. It won't be waived even for more than 5 ties coz Patrizio says that UPS shipping will cost him €70/80. But if you able to get enough ppl to share, the shipping cost should be minimal.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thinking of ordering two ties, but not yet certain whether I will choose from the existing fabrics or put my name down for the second run of burgundy/bordeaux. I've already emailed Patrizio on this.

I know that Ovlov and tchoy are both Aus-based. Any other Aussies thinking of joining up for this MTO? Reason I'm asking is that perhaps we could request a single-point delivery to save on shipping costs. I am happy to coordinate a group delivery to either Sydney or Melbourne, and I promise I won't abscond with all the ties. PM me if interested.

I've had Ovlov's ties shipped to me in the past in Sydney and then I forwarded it to him in S.A. I am happy to do the same if any one else is interested or happy for Cappelli to ship the ties to you as well. It would be much cheaper if we all share the postage.

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's not a lot of difference between 3 or 4 fold imho especially if it's lined. I really like the Cappelli 5 folds. I've actually counted 6 folds.You may want to give it a try.

We used to make 3-fold grenadines but we found after making many grenadine ties that a 4-fold construction adds durability to the back of the tie.

You will not normally feel the difference between a 3 and 4-fold tie.

Unlined ties may be fashionable but typically will not hold their shape as well as a lined tie over time.

Last edited:

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok folks. Been talking to C&A on a rerun on the burgundy/bordeaux garza. So INTEREST CHECK!!!

We need 6m to give it a go. Everything will be the same as the first run, i.e. tie will be done up by EG Cappelli. Price will be:

- 3 folds - EUR 100

- 5 folds - EUR 120

- 7 folds - EUR 140

I'm in for a burgundy 7-fold.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Wore my burgundy brown today, very nice.

chobo, you mean this one? I like it very much, was just hoping it was a tad more brown though. Interested that you see it as burgundy brown.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chobo, you mean this one? I like it very much, was just hoping it was a tad more brown though. Interested that you see it as burgundy brown.

I wore mine yesterday. Also looks a little pink or purple depending on the lighting. I wonder if it is an optical illusion of the burgundy mixing with the blue.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd have preferred a brown one too, I call it 'burgundy brown' because that's what someone said it was :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads