‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by Patrizio Cappelli - 3 COLOURWAYS ALREADY GOOD TO GO

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by C&A, Apr 19, 2014.

1. C&A

C&A Senior member

When I saw another happy forumite wearing the special run brown grenadine tie that @Looking to improve and I ordered from Gianni Cerutti about two years ago, I discussed with some friends how great it would be to do another special run of one of these older Garza patterns available at the Como weavers.
    @Looking to improve and I recalled that Gianni had clippings of grenadine silk with him showing the various colourways in which these not ' real vintage' but vintage-like grenadine ties can be remade. Not only in the pattern shown here, but also various others. The weaver informed me that in this pattern he can currently the following special runs: [​IMG] Technically, also several other colourways would be possible – including the colourway of the original special run we did – but they are proprietary. I.e. other companies have paid for the exclusive rights to a particular colourway. I found Patrizio Cappelli willing to interact with the weaver and make the ties. What we would need is a 6 meters minimum for one or more of these colourways to be ordered and woven specifically for us. Once we reach the minimum for any of these patterns Patrizio will order the fabric and get it woven, and people can order the ties from him. Cost is for normal 3 fold: €100, 5 fold: €120, and 7 fold €140. We need a minimum of 5 ties to make the 7 fold, and 12 ties for the 3 fold. Patrizio will order once he has received the payments. Assuming we can get this minimum length filled within say 10 days the weaver said they will be able to weave the silk in June. Allow for another week or two for the silk to be shipped to Patrizio and the ties to be made. I am particularly interested in getting the green, navy/pink or navy/gold run done. I have no Financial interest in this, i.e. I pay the same price to Patrizio as listed above. My interest in getting sufficient interest and getting another nice special run tie. Anyone interested just send me a PM or reply in this thread. I will keep track which order is filled and get the contact details across to Patrizio so that the order can be finalized.

2. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

What is the base color on 6? It looks like it may be burgundy or dark brown.

Is 11 the green?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  3. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

Would be in for 3 ties by now, colours 6, 7 and 8!

4. C&A

C&A Senior member

6 is kinda burgundy. I can send you the picture via email if you pm me your email address. 7 is the green one.

Great!

5. Griffyndor

Griffyndor Senior member

I would be in for 7 in 7 fold assuming the width and length are to my liking.

6. C&A

C&A Senior member

Ok noted. Width and length can be specified. Will be an MTO tie so no preset dimensions. There may a small upcharge for very long ties as per the system Patrizio applies in his webshop. I didn't specifically discuss this with him though.

7. Griffyndor

Griffyndor Senior member

Excellent, thanks. Hopefully we can make this happen.

8. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Interested, and any of the three colourways you suggested would work for me.

9. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

By the way, I've just noticed you avatar - I preferred it when you didn't spell out the irony! But it reminds me of a joke: a blonde looks into her new knickers and reads the label, "oh..C and A...that's clever, it tells you which way round to wear them...."

10. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

"I'm here all week"! :rimshot:

PS Count me in...

11. C&A

C&A Senior member

Thanks. Any colourway in particular?

Noted. Thanks.

12. bertie

bertie Senior member

I like three you mention, would be happy with any one of them. Prefer 3 fold but flexible.

13. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

Col 11 and Col 9 for me C & A.

Thats top left and bottom left for clarity.

Many thanks :nodding:

14. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

C&A, it seems to me like you might already have five for a seven-fold number 7...bang!

15. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

I Am Very Interested