• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suits by Sand (Danish clothing company)

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
Have you heard of this company before?

A local shop is having a 40% off sale which covers this brand. A C$1000 suit is going for C$600. The cuts are slim and modern, but not overly fashion forward (~3in lapel, slightly short jacket length but no ticket pocket, straight pockets). Fabrics from Italy and the suit I likes appeared to be fully canvassed.

SF, what say you?

http://www.sand.dk/ the website is not of much help.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the chance to see these/try them on in person...They were alright, but didn't blow my mind.

Albern

Reaction score
I live just outside of Toronto, where did you see this sale? I believe Harry Rosen just started to carry Sand this past Fall/Winter. I didn't think Sand jackets were canvassed, they felt fussed to me.

Got Style on King Street West carries them too plus their winter sale is on now if you're interested.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Sand blazer and its nice with a good trim cut to it. I don't want anything TOO fashion forward so their cut is good for me. $600 seems like a decent deal for a store with a location and not something off the B&S forum here.

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was planning to go MTM in the near future, but this seemed like a better deal given my MTM would have almost the same features as this one (save slightly higher armholes). It would need about $80-100 in tailoring which would cover hems, sleeves shortened, and sides taken in slightly.

steffenbp11

Reaction score
I'm danish, so I know the brand quite well, as it is very popular here (and quite a few places in Europe). I have a couple of Sand suits myself actually. At the price your're quoting, I'd say you're getting a good deal. The suits I own are part of my regular rotation and they are very very sturdy ( Mine aren't fully canvassed I don't think). they make some very nice slimfit shirts also and nice outerwear.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the sale might be at Theodore 1922 on Bloor?

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UserNameToronto
Have you heard of this company before?
Yes. It's a quite common "high end" brand here in Norway. I haven't tried any of their suits, but what I have seen in the stores looks nice enough. I know they also make shoes, but I haven't tried them either. If you get any suits (or shoes), let us know what you think. Maybe I should look into getting some of their "gear" myself.

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, fellas.

They still had it in stock after a week and I went for it. After closer inspection I can confirm it is indeed canvassed and the fabric is a 84/16 wool/mohair blend from the mill "Vitale Barberis Canonico", which seems to be SF approved. The cut is very slim and the trousers narrow and low-rise. The leg opening is about 8.5 inches, 0.25 narrower than most of my other trousers.

The store is Gotstyle in Toronto and the sale will continue for a few more days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads