• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stores with the Best Sales Assistants

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've found the recession to have caused an increase in customer service. Early recession I was ignored completely by Barney's SAs and now they swoop in on anyone the moment they step into the store. Nordstroms seems to always have had helpful staff though

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was just at Barney's and no one even said "hi " to me.
I haven't been to a department store ( besides Barney's) in a long ass time.
The guys at Jeffrey's in NYC are 100% helpful.

for boutiques I hope to god
Self Edge
Epaulet
Context
MJK
and secret service all give the best customer service. They all know what they are talking about and really take pride it what they do.

Me on the other hand I know I can be a dick but hey I have come to live with myself but my staff BETTER give everyone in store, phone, or internet the BEST service possible.

Best,
mauro

givemefive

Reaction score
Barney's Dallas(they leave me the **** alone when I'm just looking and they come to help when I have a question)
J Crew Dallas (these guys must work on comission or something close - but they aren't too pushy and it's easy to say no)
Self Edge (Kiya will pull out every single jean in his store for you to try on and his email response is very quick and friendly)
Farinelli's (I've only ordered when he was at denim bar but very friendly on returns and the discount is first rate)
Rollo at Castro - some nice old guy working there was helpful

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Good:
Blackbird's SA seem to know their stuff quite well.
Epaulet has great customer service and is always friendly and helpful.
Context. They are quite knowledgeable and process orders quite quickly.
J Crew's customer service over the phone(their 1800#).

The Bad:
Nordstrom. Nobody knows anything. Nordstrom Rack has better SA it seems.
Gap isn't much helpful either.

I've always gotten the quickest e-mail responses from Blackbird, SelfEdge and Roden. This is only based on the places I have sent inquiries to.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
I'd say UO's employees are the worst. At least the Gap employees try to seem positive and friendly; the UO employees are to busy trying to be too cool for you and their job

screw you guy! you walk in and i greet your ass and you brush me off. i let you look around for a moment than stop by and ask if you need any help looking for anything you say "nope i'm good". then you go off to some other SA for help, **** you buddy! don't even make commission but still makes me mad.

So far the LV employee's been pretty nice.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my personal experience:

• Online - Context
  • In person - Ralph Lauren in Tyson's Galleria (Washington, DC area).

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Context. It doesn't get much better than these guys. Every few weeks my roommate and I stop by and we're usually there for an hour or so learning about all the new stuff. Sam and Ryan know their stuff backwards and forwards and I love stopping by when I'm in the area.

Jean Shop Soho.

Epaulet.

Word.

I'd add Blue in Green, Need Supply Co., and the dudes at Detour too.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
I'd say UO's employees are the worst. At least the Gap employees try to seem positive and friendly; the UO employees are to busy trying to be too cool for you and their job

Originally Posted by Desi
screw you guy! you walk in and i greet your ass and you brush me off. i let you look around for a moment than stop by and ask if you need any help looking for anything you say "nope i'm good". then you go off to some other SA for help, **** you buddy! don't even make commission but still makes me mad.

Heh. He's right though. Just sayin'.

(not to diss you, brother - I worked retail for years)

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh i know. they never been any help when I visited any other UO's too.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
opening ceremony in nyc. When i asked them where i can find patrik ervell, the sale associate walked me downstairs and showed me where his clothing rack was located.

oak. SA was very nice and helpful to my gf.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
online stores with best guys to deal with (that i have dealt with):

Blue In Green
virtualclotheshorse
LeatherSoul Hawaii
Mauro/denimbar
The Lux Store Kevin Irons RL ebay powerseller
yoox/revolveclothing/bluebee/stp

I'd agree with all of these except bluebee.
Bluebee sucks ass.

Also, to be honest, except one other guy whose name I can't remember, Leather Soul in store help is a bit lacking. Tom of course is first rate but I've never been in store when he's there.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
I was just at Barney's and no one even said "hi " to me. I haven't been to a department store ( besides Barney's) in a long ass time. The guys at Jeffrey's in NYC are 100% helpful. for boutiques I hope to god Self Edge Epaulet Context MJK and secret service all give the best customer service. They all know what they are talking about and really take pride it what they do. Me on the other hand I know I can be a dick but hey I have come to live with myself but my staff BETTER give everyone in store, phone, or internet the BEST service possible. Best, mauro
sig'd Farinelli's is awesome. Roden Gray and Gravity Pope are awesome. I'm pretty happy with those three ATM - except as I'm upping my game it's hard to get the items I want without going to really really boutique places. I'm hoping proxy services are good, they look like they are from when I have had conversations with SharpService, as I'll be doing that next year.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
My guy at jil sander chicago is really sick, so is my dude at barneys. Of course Ryan at sw is the man and a guy at mmm nyc is my nugga as is my other dudes at cdg ny and ron herman in LA.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads