• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

year round short pants guy ?

DG123

Reaction score
Spring, summer, winter and fall , inside and outside, day or night, he is wearing short pants and proud of it. I rarely wear shorts pants myself, but have always sort of admired the very few who do this. Depending on the season the footwear may range from flip flops to work boots, but the short paints remain. During the winter if I come across one I'll sometimes say "you're a shorts 365 days a year guy aren't you"? Usually he will smile or grin and nod then be on his way.
Reply to this thread if you know a guy or two who always wears short pants.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Spring, summer, winter and fall , inside and outside, day or night, he is wearing short pants and proud of it. I rarely wear shorts pants myself, but have always sort of admired the very few who do this. Depending on the season the footwear may range from flip flops to work boots, but the short paints remain. During the winter if I come across one I'll sometimes say "you're a shorts 365 days a year guy aren't you"? Usually he will smile or grin and nod then be on his way.
Reply to this thread if you know a guy or two who always wears short pants.
Short pants
Shorts pants
Short paints
Shorts

And yes I'd echo that our UPS drivers are usually dressed this way. And a good portion of the male population of central Pennsylvania.

rjc149

Reaction score
I knew a middle-aged bartender who only wore shorts, no matter what season it was. I thought it was just work attire, I realize scrambling around behind a bar all night can be physically demanding (this was a popular neighborhood pub which would get packed on weekend nights), but I used to see him off-duty in January wearing a winter coat, and shorts.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i once worked at levi's in ohio with a guy who had like 3 bacon tattoos who only wore shorts. i mean only. ohio gets ******* cold. i saw him one time at walmart picking out deli meat with an ankle monitor on

Stswervus

Reaction score
My family and social group like to call this guy "Shorts Guy". Rain, sleet, or snow....shorts. I live in the Seattle area, we're not known for our balmy dry climate. Are they really comfortable in those weather conditions in shorts? Really? I think they've painted themselves into a corner bragging about it at some point in their lives and now they're screwed. Genuinely curious how this works. :)

KeeperEUSC

Reaction score
This was definitely a type of guy growing up in Vermont, flip flops until there's snow on the ground but the shorts remain. I assumed it's something people grow out of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tweedlover

Reaction score
I knew a middle-aged bartender who only wore shorts, no matter what season it was. I thought it was just work attire, I realize scrambling around behind a bar all night can be physically demanding (this was a popular neighborhood pub which would get packed on weekend nights), but I used to see him off-duty in January wearing a winter coat, and shorts.
I've seen the heavy cold weather coat over shorts thing every year for years and I think the guys who do that are nuts.;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads