• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

dls160

Reaction score
I am going to be buying a Benjamin Clothing Medium Grey suit (Granoro) from you but I am wavering between the 41/42R or the 41/42L. I recently purchased a Benjamin Clothing suit from you that is Solid Black and in the Lucente cut in the 41/42R size. I have pictures below of me wearing it for fitment opinions. My understanding is that the Lucente and Granoro are almost the same except for the button stance. From your perspective, does this suit in the pictures fit correctly and therefore I should go with the Medium Grey in the 41/42R size or is it too short and I should go with the 41/42L size? Sorry for hijacking your thread but just wanted your opinion on it before I make the purchase and so I will be satisfied.

thisfits

Reaction score

From your perspective, does this suit in the pictures fit correctly and therefore I should go with the Medium Grey in the 41/42R size or is it too short and I should go with the 41/42L size?  Sorry for hijacking your thread but just wanted your opinion on it before I make the purchase and so I will be satisfied.

I think you could use the extra length of a 41/42L, based on the side view -- the jacket should fully cover the curve where your rear meets your leg, unless you're going for a more fashion-forward look.

The suit otherwise fits you very, very well. I'm impressed.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am going to be buying a Benjamin Clothing Medium Grey suit (Granoro) from you but I am wavering between the 41/42R or the 41/42L.  I recently purchased a Benjamin Clothing suit from you that is Solid Black and in the Lucente cut in the 41/42R size.  I have pictures below of me wearing it for fitment opinions.  My understanding is that the Lucente and Granoro are almost the same except for the button stance.  From your perspective, does this suit in the pictures fit correctly and therefore I should go with the Medium Grey in the 41/42R size or is it too short and I should go with the 41/42L size?  Sorry for hijacking your thread but just wanted your opinion on it before I make the purchase and so I will be satisfied.

I think you could use the extra length of a 41/42L, based on the side view -- the jacket should fully cover the curve where your rear meets your leg, unless you're going for a more fashion-forward look.
The suit otherwise fits you very, very well. I'm impressed.

Totally agree. The suit looks great on you! The sleeves look borderline to me, but close enough that they can be altered. The length is a little short, but I seem to recall that these suits are designed to be a little short, so I'd suggest emailing Ben and asking him what he thinks.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
dls yes looks very good and clean, but I do think the 41L/42L may work better. What are you? 6'? 6'1"? Anyway bear in mind the medium grey is in the Granoro model which is about 1cm shorter than the Lucente model (and the Granoro model also has a lower button stance), so might be the ideal length for you. Let us know how it works out, and thanks for posting the pics!

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Ben, are you guys going to be getting in any of the lucentes in 41/42L in the near future? The Granoro model is just too short for me. Thanks.

dls160

Reaction score
Thanks Ben and everyone for the feedback. I am 6'1" and I just bit the bullet and decided to order the 41/42L along with two more of the Benjamin dress shirts, love the way they fit. They should be here in a few days and I'll let you know how they fit. I'm looking forward to seeing and possibly buying some the new Benjamin suits, Sportcoats and Dress Shirts in new patterns that youve got coming in. Keep up the good work.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Ben, are you guys going to be getting in any of the lucentes in 41/42L in the near future? The Granoro model is just too short for me. Thanks.

Sorry... probably not. That being said we may do a semi-MTM program in the future... we've been talking/thinking about it for some time now but want to make sure it's proven before launching... this obviously might be a good thing for you. How tall are you? 6'4"?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks Ben and everyone for the feedback.  I am 6'1" and I just bit the bullet and decided to order the 41/42L along with two more of the Benjamin dress shirts, love the way they fit.  They should be here in a few days and I'll let you know how they fit.  I'm looking forward to seeing and possibly buying some the new Benjamin suits, Sportcoats and Dress Shirts in new patterns that youve got coming in.  Keep up the good work.

Any time and thanks for the support!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Question on the Bejamin shirt shoulders - I noticed the 15.5s are listed with 17.3 shoulders. My slimmest of slim 15.5s are 18.25 (and most are 18.5 to 19). Granted, I'd say my shoulders are just slightly broader than average but 17.3 sounds beyond slim and into waif/model territory.
Hmmm, are they constructed in a way that would explain it? Maybe the armhole is "inset" more than usual (like I've seen on some casual "muscle" shirts) and/or curves in a way that where the measurement is made it's deceiving? Or, are they just super slim at the shoulder and I'm out of luck?

OK finally got around to taking up closer pics of the shoulder of Benjamin shirts. I wear size 15.5 and wear a 38R FYI.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Those of you not on our email list, twitter or Facebook, we have a 10% sitewide promotion code for the rest of April only: 2012SAVE10.

As you're all probably well aware, we very rarely offer additional discounts since we already sell at 60-85% off, so take this opportunity to stock up because this won't happen again for a very long time (last time was several years ago we did a sitewide sale)! With the money we're gonna do some SHOPPING! On the list: Kiton, Caruso, Borrelli, Battisti and Benjamin... and who knows what else! :slayer:

zerostyle

Reaction score
Very excited about the 10% code, but have a question:

For the current Benjamin Granoro suits, I assume these are still the same old model? I was trying to hold off for the new ones coming out. Is the only difference the loosening of the pants? Any differences in the jacket? ( I know button stance / length was already changed. Was the collar issue fixed in this current revision? )

Quite interested in a medium grey 38R or 38S right now.

Last edited:

Barium

Reaction score

Those of you not on our email list, twitter or Facebook, we have a 10% sitewide promotion code for the rest of April only: 2012SAVE10.

Just got your last 36R Riviera SC which I had been eyeing, but had talked myself out of. This convinced me.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

As you're all probably well aware, we very rarely offer additional discounts since we already sell at 60-85% off, so take this opportunity to stock up because this won't happen again for a very long time (last time was several years ago we did a sitewide sale)! With the money we're gonna do some SHOPPING! On the list: Kiton, Caruso, Borrelli, Battisti and Benjamin... and who knows what else! :slayer:

much temptation there.... Too bad those TF suits are gone!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Very excited about the 10% code, but have a question:
For the current Benjamin Granoro suits, I assume these are still the same old model? I was trying to hold off for the new ones coming out. Is the only difference the loosening of the pants? Any differences in the jacket? ( I know button stance / length was already changed. Was the collar issue fixed in this current revision? )
Quite interested in a medium grey 38R or 38S right now.

Yes - Granoro is the most recent, but still "old" model. New ones coming out hopefully in about 5 weeks that are essentially same as Granoro, but slightly tighter collar/neck and slightly looser pant. No other difference. Almost sold out of all Granoro and Lucente...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads