1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whatever123, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. whatever123

whatever123 Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  2. lawlercon

lawlercon Well-Known Member

really like the mocs, im interested in pricing.

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Same shoes, different day.

4. whatever123

1 person likes this.
  5. Piroshky

Piroshky Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see the price point.

1 person likes this.
  6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

They look good! And it's especially cool if the manufacturers sell direct, esp if they are able to price them cheaper. I just have mocc fatigue.

yeah whatever.

so here is a link to some of their production shots: http://horween.wordpress.com/2010/03...aine/#more-486

1 person likes this.
  7. whatever123

I'm curious to see the price point.
    i would think they would be priced similar to quoddy, oak street, etc. at $250-$350 for the mocs. they look like they are testing the site now for purchasing. hopefully we will see soon. i am super excited about this line.

8. enigma77

enigma77 Well-Known Member

The article says $425 for shell cordovan, so subtract for non-shell leather. $200s/$300s sounds reasonable given the shell price point.

9. Josh R

Josh R New Member

enigma77: You're right on the nose. Last week I met the Rancourts and toured their old (AE) digs and got a peak at their new factory space. They hope to have their online store up and running by next weekend. Here's what Kyle told me about their pricing: "Our shoes will start around $195 (boat shoes, camp-mocs, rubber sole shoes etc.) and go up to $275 for boots. Leather soled loafers will be between $210 and $225 depending on the leather chosen (cowhide/calfskin). We also offer genuine Horween Shell Cordovan in three colors and those start at $425." More info here: http://shortshrifted.com/?p=2211

10. whatever123

does anyone have any more info on these people? they havent really updated their site in a while ...

11. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Well-Known Member

here is a picture of a penny loafer they make. thoughts? [​IMG]

12. whatever123

what leather did are they made out of? can you take pics of the inside? if its not to much trouble could you also take better pics of the stitching in the toe-box area and the stitching on the inside of the shoe?

i love the classic penny loafer and they look very solid and well constructed. thanks for sharing the pics.

where did you get them?

13. MiniW

MiniW Well-Known Member

if you ever owned Ralph Lauren Made in USA shoes or some of the Alden Cape Cod collection, then you have owned Rancourts as I am 99% sure they are the ones making them. I have a few pairs and they are indeed awesome shoes. I think it's awesome that they have their own name now, and can sell quality shoes without another company's high markups (namely RL).

1 person likes this.
  14. whatever123

thats exactly right. they do a lot of stuff for other companies as well. its a new company started by people who have been in the industry for a while. im actually excited to see what they comes up. everything ive seen them do looks great.

15. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Well-Known Member

that pic was sent to me by rancourt, I dont actually own it. they sent me a bunch others as well

16. whatever123

that pic was sent to me by rancourt, I dont actually own it. they sent me a bunch others as well

cool. can you post the rest? im interested in seeing them.

17. Dellath

Dellath Well-Known Member

If i get to a point where i could work in a moccasin, this is where i'll look, that penny loafer looks perfect. The pricing seem very reasonable for the level of percieved quality, just have to wait till some people take them for a test drive.

18. Dewey

Dewey Well-Known Member

Can anyone on the Rancourt loafer sizing vs. the Alden LHS (van last) ?

19. gentpax

gentpax Well-Known Member

Dewey, just got my pinch pennies in today. Ordered in my LHS size for sockless wear. They were snug out of the box. Within two hours they had conformed like a slipper. Could have done the same with a thin or medium sock and I think I'd have enough stretch to accommodate.

20. gentpax

gentpax Well-Known Member

Was at Brooks and saw these Rancourt chukkas. Look better in person.* While I went down half a size in my pinch pennies, these were TTS. Good price.

*The depicted shoe must be a small size, because the height of the ankle collar is much lower in my 11.5s, which I think makes them look better for a two-eyelet boot.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012