• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst Interview Attire Advice Ever

titojackson

Reaction score
I was just browsing another forum, checking out the possibility of going to medical school. The short answer: no way. Then I noticedMen's Interview Clothing Thread. It's a train wreck of epic proportion. I had a good laugh, and hopefully, you will too.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So these guys, premeds, buy Jones NY and Men's warehouse. Oh ha ha big laugh. They don't concentrate on the likes of Brioni/Kiton/Lobbs and frankly, probably could not afford it anyway. These are the guys who will most likely be making the big bucks though.

Lots of guys on this forum, while quite appreciative of the Kitons and Brioni, still live at home with parents. I'd take the premeds over these pretenders.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh boy. Well as I think about it, I have only known one doctor with any sense of style. Maybe two.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went in a black, ill-fitting suit and square-toed KC shoes. They turned me away for dressing poorly.

Oh wait, they didn't...

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are quoting health advice in our Body Consciousness and calling us dumbasses.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Oh boy. Well as I think about it, I have only known one doctor with any sense of style. Maybe two.

There are a couple on this forum. You might hurt some feelings.
tongue.gif

I'd actually have to agree with you. Pretty much all the docs I see are horrible, horrible dressers. There is one at my hospital who daily wears a short-sleeved shirt and tie. No white coat either to "hide" it. No one gives a **** though because most of the population can't dress anyway. I'm still trying to learn myself.

JR88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Lots of guys on this forum, while quite appreciative of the Kitons and Brioni, still live at home with parents. .

If this is true, then I have a long-term suggestion for how they can get their own place.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have yet to discuss the appropriate taper of the legs, or appropriate number of dimples in their tie for an interview... neanderthals.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey

ummm.....
boxing[1].gif

Regards.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
There are a couple on this forum. You might hurt some feelings.
tongue.gif

I'd actually have to agree with you. Pretty much all the docs I see are horrible, horrible dressers. There is one at my hospital who daily wears a short-sleeved shirt and tie. No white coat either to "hide" it. No one gives a **** though because most of the population can't dress anyway. I'm still trying to learn myself.

I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but just making an observation. Most doctors I know would agree as you do. It makes no difference to me if the person who will operate on my prostate one day wore a black suit to his interview, as long as he paid attention in class.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads