• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Coat Thread FW11

theclipper

Reaction score

It's a coat... Try wearing it with a sweater and see if it's still too big. I can kind of see what you mean, but I wouldn't sell it just because of that.

Thanks, I think I'm keeping it. I just wasn't sure how a coat like this was supposed to fit. Glad to hear it doesn't look ridiculous or anything :)

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bows is that ts(s) or whatever? howzit feel and stuff? was looking at it this one time on the internet...

NormanF

Reaction score
For me, the go to winter jacket is the Hemp Hoodlamb. A premium jacket, around $297, made of cotton and hemp and lined with a soft satin fur from the body to the hood - and as a bonus, even the sleeves are fur-lined, is exactly what a winter jacket should be! Its not the lightest jacket out there but when its cold, you'll be grateful to wear it. Mine is in Arctic camo:

I got mine on sale and I was impressed. This is a heavy, well-constructed winter jacket!

Last edited:

NormanF

Reaction score
I don't really see the need to spend that much. I get my jackets on sale where possible. But I would recommend Canada Goose. It holds its value and is perfect for Chicago winters.

NormanF

Reaction score
I liked the Patagonia Isthmus Parka. DWR-treated Nylon shell with a fleece lining in the body and hood. Its plenty warm and its a lightweight winter coat. Wearing it won't make you look like the Michelin Man outdoors:

Its excellent for it does. Unless its extremely cold, it should excel on the usual cold days and nights you need to be out and about.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't really see the need to spend that much. I get my jackets on sale where possible. But I would recommend Canada Goose. It holds its value and is perfect for Chicago winters.
The problem with most CG jackets is that they aren't waterproof and if you wear them just around 0 C and it goes from snow to rain it will start to soak through within 30-40 minutes, that's my experience at least and I'm currently looking for a waterproof wintercoat (ventile / goretex etc.)

NormanF

Reaction score
If the shell is nylon/dwr treated, you should be good to go in rainy weather. A good winter coat intended to be worn in rain as well as snow conditions should be so listed.

BillKillgore

Reaction score
This thread is off to a good start. Details all around, please!
Here are two of the (very nice) Stephan Schneider's. http://stephanschneider.be
qxwvL.jpg

Does anyone know any online store that stocks these (in europe)?

HAL 9000

Reaction score
I'm in need of a winter jacket/coat. The winters are quite cold, most of the time its -10 to -20. I want a warm, good-looking, and high quality coat. Can anyone recommend brands that sell either wool trenches, mid-length peacoats, or any similar coats? Canada Goose jackets are warm but they don't look that nice, and for the price, I'm sure there are better options. My budget is 800 and less. Thanks a lot.

NormanF

Reaction score
Judging by the conditions, a USA made Schott N-3B Parka sounds perfect for Chicago weather.

Its almost too warm any place else but it will keep you warm when the wind gusts pick up and the temperatures drop below zero. And under $200, its hard to beat the legendary Schott quality.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If the shell is nylon/dwr treated, you should be good to go in rainy weather. A good winter coat intended to be worn in rain as well as snow conditions should be so listed.
I have a Constable and as stated before, it's not waterproof on any level.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads