• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

_inwonderland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
crappy pic but this shows the sizing of the sweatshorts and double layered pocket crew in size small. Both pieces fit true to size. The hat is by Hattan who I hope picks up some steam soon. repro 6 panel 40's baseball cap.

decent athletic type look for the spring/summer I guess..

note the shorts are no where as thick as last year. as stated, just the double layered jersey. great for sleeping.

Did you also grab the pocket crew in heather grey? Looks good on you!

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
-Indigo crew is dope. Rich color and great hand. Did not try on though.

I like the crew very much. It's a medium weight. In the sun, the color really shimmers. Only thing, it's supposed to fade...like jeans, I guess. I wore it once, and it's already a lighter blue on each elbow.

west point twill khakis in sizes 30-33 on very good (oddly good) discount at Ac right now..

http://www.shopacrimony.com/designer...est-point-pant

careful in case there is an error...but looks legit. $115 aint bad.

Def an error. I popped into the store today to pick up my khaki chinos, and walked out with a ~$200 receipt.

Other things I noticed they got in today.

--Black anti-fit chinos; didn't try them on, but one of the people working there had them on and seemed happy w/ them
--S/S plaid shirt - brown; didn't know the material was so light. It's def a summer shirt. Great color, but a bit too thin for my taste, especially for ~$200
--L/S plaid shirt - orange; same
--Bush pant - olive; really cool pants, light material. Inseam is short. Would dig these as shorts in blue.

They also had a variety of the double layer stuff (hoodies, crews) and the large loop terry hoodie in heather grey. They had the chinos in khaki and brown.

nycxandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
I like the crew very much. It's a medium weight. In the sun, the color really shimmers. Only thing, it's supposed to fade...like jeans, I guess. I wore it once, and it's already a lighter blue on each elbow.

Def an error. I popped into the store today to pick up my khaki chinos, and walked out with a ~$200 receipt.

Other things I noticed they got in today.

--Black anti-fit chinos; didn't try them on, but one of the people working there had them on and seemed happy w/ them
--S/S plaid shirt - brown; didn't know the material was so light. It's def a summer shirt. Great color, but a bit too thin for my taste, especially for ~$200
--L/S plaid shirt - orange; same
--Bush pant - olive; really cool pants, light material. Inseam is short. Would dig these as shorts in blue.

They also had a variety of the double layer stuff (hoodies, crews) and the large loop terry hoodie in heather grey. They had the chinos in khaki and brown.

Hrm... can you put the lightness of the L/S plaid shirt in perspective -- would it be wearable in say 50 degree weather?

Mossy

Reaction score
Picked up the anti-fits today. Had no intention of copping these because I thought they looked kinda bad in the pics I had seen, but I had a sales person convince me. They are actually very cool, and pictures do them no justice. A couple notes - the green is not the typical olive green that we are used to with the chinos. It's more of an army green I'd say. I also think that it helps the look of the fit in the back if you actually have a butt. Oh yea, and the material is lightweight (don't know what to compare it to).

I don't know how versatile they are really, but pretty ideal for a rolled-up, white sneaks and t-shirt summer type steez.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
oboy, what's your height/weight? I'm 6'4 / 175, looking at the measurements for the Mac jacket I'm trying to decide if I'm better off with L or XL, length and s2s being my concern. I don't have any W+H outerwear for reference, but I'm basically a stock 40L/41L in blazers (RLBL, etc).

I'm almost your exact build: 6'3" / 180 right now (gained weight as a dad). I just saw the measurements on Context. They seem decieving to me. The L did not fit as slim as they would imply. It's a trim cut, like all their stuff, but really flattering. I tried on over just an oxford, but I felt like it would work great over a medium-weight sweater. Length-wise it was perfect--hit about mid-thigh.

I think if you planned to wear it over chunkier knits, or a proper fleece jacket, you might want to size up to XL, and you'd probably be fine on length still. If you're in a milder climate where you don't plan to wear it over multiple layers, L is the size.

Kinda surprised this is being released as a spring piece. It's got heft, but it is still just a cotton coat so I suppose it's not a true winter item. Still--so nice. I can see this being a hit for them. Or, at least one of those pieces that's hyped and loved here on the interwebs.... I know I ******* want it. Can't imagine it will last till sale time in June/July but maybe...
plain.gif

racknac

Reaction score
I'm 6'0 170lbs... I'm guessing I would go with a medium in the trench... The burnt orange is calling to me as well...

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nycxandy
Hrm... can you put the lightness of the L/S plaid shirt in perspective -- would it be wearable in say 50 degree weather?

50s? Not by itself. Maybe with an undershirt underneath, but fine if you layer it.

Looking at the pictures at the online retailers, it didn't strike me as a soft-light fabric. But it certainly is. Not sure how to describe it, but it sort of looks and feels like it has been washed and worn over and over again.

s3lam

Reaction score
^^
What size did you get? And how does the area in the calves feel? Pretty snug eh? Looks pretty good btw!

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. These are 28's. The calf is not that restricting but I don't really have large calves. I could see someone with large legs potentially having difficulty with the pant. Also...the further you sag them the better they look in my opinion. But you can also pull them up to regular height and they just about resemble normal chinos. I think there are a lot of ways to wear them.

thatguymj

Reaction score
Thanks. These are 28's. The calf is not that restricting but I don't really have large calves. I could see someone with large legs potentially having difficulty with the pant. Also...the further you sag them the better they look in my opinion. But you can also pull them up to regular height and they just about resemble normal chinos. I think there are a lot of ways to wear them.

Is that the orange henley from this season, slack? if so, what size? i was thinking of getting one but they seem like they run a little short for me. I'm 6'0 about 180, what size henley do you think would work for me?

Thanks!

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the henley i'm wearing is a size small. they're actually running long this year - longer than last falls. and bigger all over i think. if I could reorder or return I would get it in an xs. I think at 6' 180 you should be good with a large. more pics...bush pant, double gauze
3bcb3b8b.jpg
f393a73b.jpg
a1c58b84.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard Cohen