• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Edd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DCU
Thanks for the sizing advice. Does anyone remember if this shirt was available in sz. XS? Unfortunately, they already seem to be sold out of most sizes at Roden Gray.

I'm not sure if this helps you but I got these measurements on the S/S button-down plaid shirt in sz. S:

Pit-to-pit: 20''
Shoulder-to-shoulder: 16''
Total length: 28"

On the medium it's ptp 20.75. Shoulder 16.50 length 28.75. Quite narrow in the shoulder is my take on the s/s plaid shirts.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anti-fits in the wild.. surprisingly wearable
b71dc920.jpg
(click for some more)
43f75790.jpg
8e810524.jpg
14c6fe15.jpg
37bd015d.jpg

(edit; anyone who asked a question, I PM'ed you)

Brinbro

Reaction score
^ So, besides the fact that the pants are stupid, it looks good? I don't understand buying pants that fit, on purpose, poorly? Such a dumb trend that I had thought died this past year. The fleece shorts look nice, but I have a pair of fleece shorts from the 'gap' that fit on par, and were $5...

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the fit of the pants looks great from every angle save the seat, and whatever, they look different IRL as opposed to a fixed image.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Exactly. What is the point of buying a pair of pants that look exactly like their chinos, until you get to the seat which looks like you **** yourself? Why not save yourself the embarrassment that undoubtedly is leveled at you from strangers, and buy their chinos? That new brown pair is gorgeous...

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brinbo - it's a ******* drop crotch pant. and an extremely mild drop at that. people either like it or they don't. you don't and i respect that.

but you have a real way with words, man.

Brinbro

Reaction score
I hate them so much it makes me angry.
ffffuuuu.gif
Not really.

By any chance did you get to see the olive tube scarf in person, slack? Worth picking up?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have not but it caught my eye too

debating if a spring scarf would be season appropriate for me where i'm at

olives the color one hundred percent, tho.

Brinbro

Reaction score
^ I think I'll wait another day, max, and then buy it if it's still there. Such a seemingly versatile color. Maybe I'll get it tonight, ****, I don't need another scarf in March. It's funny how I told you not to be so critical of this season, and now I'm the one turning into the dick about a lot of the things they've put out so far.

nowiremember: I think it's ugly, to be quite frank. It may even be around at sales time, I just don't see it as a great seller at that price. It's over-styled and weird fitting in most pictures. Reminds me of something Shades of Grey would make...

If you've seen it in person and love it, then go for it and let us know how it works out.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nowiremember
so close to pulling the trigger on the devil twill jacket.. can't decide.
Have you felt/worn/owned the corded cloths? Sounds like it's the same material. I think most people were really pleased with those. Really thick and the fabric will develop a lot of character the more use it gets. It's a good picture they have of it on context. Like it or don't kind of thing and personally I do. I would consider it if I didn't have the mack but they're probably very similar. I think and am hoping the mack will do well in more formal settings as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads