• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

nowiremember

Reaction score
ya i am looking at it in black... its either that or the rag and bone waxed hanover blazer from roden.. can't decide.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the devil twill utility @ acrimony. Didn't try it on b/c they didn't have my size.

But at a glance, the material looked rigid.

I'm sure the cut and fit is nice, but I'm not a fan of the asymmetric collar and all the other little design details. I like how W+H has an understated design and this one kind of steps out of the bounds a little bit.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got the 1x1 rib henley.

i don't personally feel it's worth $70+.

it is quite nice and the fit is superb.

DCU

Reaction score
Wings + Horns just made a custom hoodie for the ACE Hotel:

acehotel-wings-horns-hoodie-1.jpg

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, just cop'd it. No tax, 2 day shipping was $13.95 to California. Only option.

Ordered my normal size in W+H, large...since it does say it "runs slim for US sizing".

We shall see.......

DCU

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
Thanks for the heads up, just cop'd it. No tax, 2 day shipping was $13.95 to California. Only option.

Ordered my normal size in W+H, large...since it does say it "runs slim for US sizing".

We shall see.......

No problem - you should post a fit when you get it.

pookguy

Reaction score
I got my black jersey knit hoody and somewhat disappointed. I mean it's nice, but not $200+ nice for basically a thin t-shirt material hoody.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pookguy
I got my black jersey knit hoody and somewhat disappointed. I mean it's nice, but not $200+ nice for basically a thin t-shirt material hoody.

why buy jersey when you can buy tiger fleece?

Brinbro

Reaction score
Someone tell me why I shouldn't buy this?
confused.gif
Can't afford at the moment, owe people's money, but it's got the high neck coming out this fall and I have a soft spot for elbow patches.
Originally Posted by DCU
Wings + Horns just made a custom hoodie for the ACE Hotel:
acehotel-wings-horns-hoodie-1.jpg

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
Someone tell me why I shouldn't buy this?
confused.gif
Can't afford at the moment, owe people's money, but it's got the high neck coming out this fall and I have a soft spot for elbow patches.

Because it has a little emblem on the chest. That can be a deal breaker .

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks to be a similar model as the ones being released for the next F/W -- with the full zip up. Chance to get one early...custom colorway, and probably cheaper than they will be later this year and into 2012.

Not a huge deal, but wondering what that zipper is (just doesn't look like ideal for some reason, but probably is -- tho noticed it looks black on the bottom) and also wondering how these are sized...(e.g. more stretchy like the terry looped ones or more rigid like the tiger fleece). The outside is that knit type material from last winter, but the polartech lining could make the fit more restrictive.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Because they'll probably have something very, very similar when they release the F/W line, and the extra neck coverage and added thickness from the elbow patches won't be particularly advantageous in S/S.

Also, I think having the lighter colors on the elbow patches and sleeve hems can be somewhat impractical, since they're probably the areas most likely to get dirty from everyday wear.

Additionally, it looks like there's an embroidered logo on the chest. Not sure whether that kind of thing bothers you.

If anything, see if it goes on sale toward the end of the S/S season. Then you'll get it cheaper and in time for cooler weather instead of paying full price when it'll be too warm for it soon.

That help?

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pookguy

Is that the double layer one? I did notice it up close, and it was very thin. It's sort of on par with the rest of their S/S 2011 line. Very light pieces. With the exception of their large loop terry items, which are very heavy pieces.

I have to say I was really looking forward to this season, but was kind of disappointed in a lot of areas. I bought a lot of stuff, but ended up returning most of it (return shipping $$, ugh). And one of the few things I did keep, the Indigo crew, I realized that it bleeds indigo on my pants...which is not good if you're wearing the khaki chinos.

Having said that, I'm still looking forward to their next collection, as I think W+H is stronger in the F/W. Everything I had a chance to get for F/W 2010 have been absolutely superb in fit, quality and construction.

But then again...isn't F/W 2011 going to feature a brand new head designer? We shall see...

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Heads up: I ended up buying the large loop terry burnt orange hoody from Stel's in size small. Whoever told me to size down from my usual W+H hoody size was right, at 5'10" 145 lb the small fits me perfectly, maybe a little high, but still hits me at the waist line, plus it is so stretchy that the snug fit is actually nice. And, I don't have to cuff the sleeves. Perfect.

That means I have a medium burnt orange for sale. In all discretion I did wash and tumble dry it - I can't notice any difference in sizing, I will take pics if the buyer wants them. Who's in need of one? PM me if interested before it goes to B & S.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads