• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where else to source a Baracuta jacket?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP,

I'm in teh same boat as you. Nobody here in LA has them in stock, Legion aside, but when I was there they didn't have my size. I found a good spot online that carries them, pretty cheap. PM me if you want the info.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
^^GS, where can I find these Jump the Gun or Warrior jackets in a slim fit model? Based on what was discussed above, I really don't want to (or see the need the need to) spend upwards of $200 on a Baracuta jacket.

the JtG fit is technically "slimfit", tho they don't have a "classic" vs "slim" to compare with

and I agree that there's really no need to spend $200 on a Baracuta unless that pedigree means something to you

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
What's the word on the Warrior harringtons?

basically the same as JtG...the only difference is that I think Warrior's no longer has the tartan lining to the edge of zipper, it stops about a couple centimeters shy of the edge. not a big deal but to some it is a dealbreaker.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
agreed. i guess I just cringe.. because I feel like I am about to get kicked in the teef.

mmize

Reaction score
I sent an email to JtG requesting measurements on their 34-XS and 36-S harringtons.

Pit to pit:
Size 34 - 21"
Size 36 - 22"

From this it looks like JtG are bigger in the chest than the Baracuta.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought my G4 from Oi Polloi. They had my size in stock and are the cheapest brand new that I've been able to find, even with shipping to the US.

nairb49

Reaction score
Looks alright, but of course, fit is everything.

My go-to is a vintage that I found made by Saks Fifth Ave, the house label. Everything is just spot-on with it, couldn't have asked for me. Of course, I tried, and purchased the Patrick Ervell that I am now selling in my signature, just wasn't the same fit for me.

v3l

Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
If anyone needs a 36 slim fit in Navy, I have one for sale. I hope I'm allowed to say that here.
Very interested. Is there a FS thread?

grenadine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
basically the same as JtG...the only difference is that I think Warrior's no longer has the tartan lining to the edge of zipper, it stops about a couple centimeters shy of the edge.

One other minor difference, according to comments on Warrior's site, is that their version lacks an inner pocket(inside left breast) whereas JtG's version does have said pocket. In case anyone cares, JtG's outer shell is 65% polyester 35% cotton, liner is 100% acrylic, sleeve linings are nylon/polyester. JtG's version is manufactured in England. I'm unsure about Warrior's fabric but I would imagine it is similar. I believe the lining/zipper thing only applies to certain colors according to their site.

Certainly can't beat Warrior's price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads