• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stylego

Reaction score

While this is highly unethical, they kinda understand that with the store credit you don't really have any other choice than just buy some of their overpriced stuff. Even at 40% off, their margins are still a few hundred percent.

You know, my wife described this same thing to me tonight at some other store. It came about unintentionally, where she purchased pants on sale which she decided she didn't like. She received store credit for the non-sale's price when she returned them. I'm going to bet that the thought is that someone might purchase something, say pants, that don't fit. Since the sales are limited time, they're returned after the sale for another pair that will fit. Now, suppose the pants are out of stock. If they didn't offer store credit sufficient to cover the cost of the pants when the were in stock again (at full price) most people would opt-out and get the money back and shop around for another pair of pants from another store.

They don't count on people gaming the system. Buying $1000 suits for $600, returning them after the sale for $1000 credit, which is then parleyed into a swell pair of cordovan boots. (But there's no savings, since the boots too might have been 40% off at the same time).

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Corporate policy. I don't think you know what theft is.

Do you have any idea what harvey_birdman does for a living?

Philip

Reaction score
any confirmation yet that this will include Black Fleece?

and another miss on any cuts on the BBBF boots :'(

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can buy any of these items at 40% off. Wait a couple days for the sale to end. Then return your items without a receipt for store credit for the current (now full) sales price.

i know who not do any business with on the forum

Last edited:

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i know who not do any business with on the forum

he's going to be hawking merch credits. Considering that there aren't too many bb stores, if you try that multiple times they'll catch on really quickly. Also they can deny your return shady, and no receipt, no proof of purchase...I mean why don't u just run into the store and steal a suit then return it for a merch credit. you are essentially doing the same thing. Theft.

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From a friend at Brooks:
Day 1- Monday 12-5
Merchandise : Cashmere Sweaters for Men and Women 40% Off
Day 2- Tuesday 12-6
Merchandise : Outerwear for fall Men and Women and Boys 40% Off
Day 3- Wednesday 12-7
Merchandise: : Mens and Boys Accessories ( Belts, Leather Goods, Jewelry, Fragrance, Seasonal, Watches ) 40% Off
Day 4- Thursday 12-8
Merchandise : Mens and Boys Sport Coats, Blazers ,Dress Trousers 40% Off
Day 5 Friday 12-9
Merchandise : Womens Apparel & Accessories Fall and Basic 40% Off
Corporate discount cannot be used with this deal. Enjoy!

Are socks and underwear included in accessories, or is it just the listed categories? I need to stock up on some basics.

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the quality and value (at present 40% off prices) of BB cashmere sweaters?

Thanks you.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I love SF. thanks for that list. I need some belts, going to wait til Wednesday and order a calfskin belt in black and brown at 40% off. Score.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the unconstructed or soft sports coats at BB? Thinking about picking one up.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody have any experience with the unconstructed or soft sports coats at BB? Thinking about picking one up.

Yes. I had one for a little while but ended up selling it. It was 80% awesome for me. The 20% that wasn't awesome was that it had a very short back balance for my build and very narrow overlap on the double vents, so they flared open like crazy on me. So from the buttoning point up, viewed from the front, I loved how it looked on me. But from the side, it looked very ill-fitting.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know if BB carries their full formalwear line in the stores? I've been waiting for a sale to pick up a white pique vest and bow tie, but the bow tie's not online right now.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Apparently something he is not very good at.

I may not be very good at it but that doesn't mean you're not a thief. In Pennsylvania it would be Theft by Deception -

18 PA.C.S.A. § 3922. Theft by deception.
(a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of theft if he intentionally obtains or withholds property of another by deception. A person deceives if he intentionally:
(1) creates or reinforces a false impression, including false impressions as to law, value, intention or other state of mind;

I don't know what it is in your jurisdiction but it falls pretty clearly under one form or another of Refund Fraud.

http://www.bustathief.com/refund-scam-refund-fraud/

Other reported, but less common scams are when criminals buy products at a lesser price in a sale but return the item and refund for a full price from other stores or at a later date.

Also, see - http://www.securityinfowatch.com/root+level/case-study-organized-refund-fraud

Seriously, in no way is what you are doing not stealing. If you can justify it to yourself because you're robbing some big bad corporation then more power to you.

Last edited:

RZach

Reaction score
birdman is technically correct. It's not theft and you haven't stolen anything. From a legal perspective you'd be totally in the clear.

But, as has been made very clear in the recent Penn State/Sandusky/Paterno scandal, just because something is legal doesn't make it right or ethical.

More than anything, we should appreciate those stores who have customer-friendly policies, and thank stores for having them by using them as intended (given a gift without a receipt and you need a different size or want a different style? BB will probably accomidate you quite nicely and you won't have done anything wrong). But taking advantage of such a policy for personal profit is not only in poor taste, but it's also the type of behavior that drives companies to change their policies to be much less friendly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads