• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

birdman is technically correct. It's not theft and you haven't stolen anything. From a legal perspective you'd be totally in the clear.

But, as has been made very clear in the recent Penn State/Sandusky/Paterno scandal, just because something is legal doesn't make it right or ethical.

More than anything, we should appreciate those stores who have customer-friendly policies, and thank stores for having them by using them as intended (given a gift without a receipt and you need a different size or want a different style? BB will probably accomidate you quite nicely and you won't have done anything wrong). But taking advantage of such a policy for personal profit is not only in poor taste, but it's also the type of behavior that drives companies to change their policies to be much less friendly.

That's not how I read what he wrote...

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

any thoughts between these two item? I seldom wear suiting and I already have a dress overcoat so trying to fill the casual side...btw both are available in Navy... Thanks
Traveler Storm 3/4 coat...
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...olor=NAVY&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=
Walking/car coat..
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...lor=CAMEL&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

I dig em both. I like the 3/4 coat a little more. Go for it! 40% off is a great deal. I've picked up a BB outerwear coat two years ago and last year for 40% off (peacoat & duffle coat), both are great.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

any thoughts between these two item? I seldom wear suiting and I already have a dress overcoat so trying to fill the casual side...btw both are available in Navy... Thanks
Traveler Storm 3/4 coat...
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...olor=NAVY&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=
Walking/car coat..
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...lor=CAMEL&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

That LP storm system is the ****. I've tried it on a few times..............I get closer to pulling the trigger every time I see it.

at 40% off its a no-brainer..........

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dig em both. I like the 3/4 coat a little more. Go for it! 40% off is a great deal. I've picked up a BB outerwear coat two years ago and last year for 40% off (peacoat & duffle coat), both are great.

That LP storm system is the ****. I've tried it on a few times..............I get closer to pulling the trigger every time I see it.
at 40% off its a no-brainer..........

Thanks for the input ...definitely trying take advantage of the discounts + point we have accumulated. I am leaning towards the 3/4 coat as well...I just had a 40S transferred from another store so I can try it first..Im just a little concern that I may have to go size up when wearing an SC..we'll see...the Walking/car coat in Medium fits me perfectly with a jacket...

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was about to head out of town for a business trip to Las Vegs and California when my Cordovan captoe boots arrived. I had just cleaned up my cordovan Marlows/Daltons wingtips to take on the trip so pulling the BB out of the box made a nice comparison. You can definately see the family resembalance. The stiching is identical and the overall look and heft is very similiar. I had sized down half a size with these boots from 11.5 to 11. I tried them on while packing my bags and decided that the toe box was a little snug but not any tighter than the Marlow penny loafers which have broken in nicely. So, I decided to keep them and kept them on as I headed off to the airport. The Marlows went back on the shelf.

Writing this from my Vegas hotel, I am happy with them. The cordovan has started to patina and the color on these is beautiful. The cordovan has more of a shine than the RL shoes closer to the Alden cordovans. However, the finishing is much nicer than th Alden cordovan boots that I bought last month.

Hopefully these break in nicely to my foot. I have a week of beating on them to figure that out.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was about to head out of town for a business trip to Las Vegs and California when my Cordovan captoe boots arrived. I had just cleaned up my cordovan Marlows/Daltons wingtips to take on the trip so pulling the BB out of the box made a nice comparison. You can definately see the family resembalance. The stiching is identical and the overall look and heft is very similiar. I had sized down half a size with these boots from 11.5 to 11. I tried them on while packing my bags and decided that the toe box was a little snug but not any tighter than the Marlow penny loafers which have broken in nicely. So, I decided to keep them and kept them on as I headed off to the airport. The Marlows went back on the shelf.
Writing this from my Vegas hotel,

I hate you :D

happy with them. The cordovan has started to patina and the color on these is beautiful. The cordovan has more of a shine than the RL shoes closer to the Alden cordovans. However, the finishing is much nicer than th Alden cordovan boots that I bought last month.
Hopefully these break in nicely to my foot. I have a week of beating on them to figure that out.

wholeheartedly agree. I own 6 pairs of Alden shell boots and these are by far better quality. Glad they worked out for you

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1. Dude looks all presidential in that navy jacket :hide:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy picture and bad lighting:

C362C68B.jpg

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the boots are the **** but I've ripped through 3 pairs of laces in less than a year. I need to stock a drawer full of replacements

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own the Traveler Storm 3/4 coat. I bought it a while back during the 25% off sale, but got a free pebbled leather duffle (guess it's worth the extra $105 you get off now).

Basically the jacket is great and worth the $523 I paid for it (and it's cheaper now at $420!). The only thing to keep in mind is that it is slightly boxier, less slim fit than the pictures. I had mine tailored a bit and it fits well now.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes. I had one for a little while but ended up selling it. It was 80% awesome for me. The 20% that wasn't awesome was that it had a very short back balance for my build and very narrow overlap on the double vents, so they flared open like crazy on me. So from the buttoning point up, viewed from the front, I loved how it looked on me. But from the side, it looked very ill-fitting.

I have the same problem on my jacket. As long as you don't have a big butt you can probably pull it off but my butt kept making the vents flare.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads