• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear to a fashion party

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I am planning on attending the San Francisco Fashion week opening party on Sept 24 (go here for invitation, its free http://www.fashiontechsf.org/events/58505502/) with the hopes that large gay population in the industry, and in San Francisco in particular, will improve the chances of an aging guy smitten with poor looks will find a beautiful woman for a lasting committed relationship for at least 24 hours. I expect this to be a rather fashion forward event and the question is, what to wear, not to blend in, but rather to be “the guy”?

The social stuff I’m not too concerned with. I merely introduce myself as a known personality on Styleforum as if that, by itself, says it all. If I encounter representatives from Brioni, Kiton, Hermes, or Loro Piana I will let them know that I can try to get them hooked in as an affiliate member to styleforum, but even my position can only do so much. If the industry is seeing a drop in sales I’ll point out it is because Man of Lint is getting everyone to stop making purchases until 2015, but a bribe may do the trick. I’ll look down on anyone who has never heard of SpooPoker. I will point out that New York Ranger is changing the hearts and minds of the next generation and his urban style should not be ignored, even though the discretionary income of all of his students needs to go to my social security. I’ll point out that to the best of my knowledge, men’s attitudes towards capes has never been discussed. I will tell voluptuous women that men have become so concerned that women being preyed upon by plastic surgeons, that there is a major movement on the East Coast called “Just say no to big breasted women”, and that sex for them will probably simply be a memory. To small breasted women, I will point out that the prevalence of ***********ers has reached epic proportions and there is a rapidly growing movement in LA called “Just say no to small breasted women”, and that sex for them will probably simply be a memory. Since all women are concerned about their breasts being too big or too small, I don’t need to worry about those in between.

The question is, what to wear. I could show up and find myself in a whole room full of purple or pink jeans, so I don’t think that will do it. I may do the ascot thing because I am starting to think that no one has actually ever seen one in the real world, and any woman who is old enough to remember the millionaire from Gilligan’s Island is outside my targeted demographic. The Old Navy women’s jeans is an option because once you mention it to a girl that you’re wearing them, she can't help but to look to see how it accommodates your junk. I’ll wear my $340 Hermes boxer shorts because you don’t carry a Stradivarius in a paper bag. The Inverness cap and deerstalker are again an option, however, no one outside of my generation will have ever heard of Basil Rathbone, and it will need to be appreciated on its own merits. Wearing lapel pins for the 1936 Olympics, Zeppelins or the Manhattan Project inevitable generates as few sincere questions about if I participated, was I a passenger, and did I build it, thereby calling attention to my age. Suggestions?

Last edited:

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Others interested in attending?

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I am planning on attending the San Francisco Fashion week opening party on Sept 24 (go here for invitation, its free http://www.fashiontechsf.org/events/58505502/) with the hopes that large gay population in the industry, and in San Francisco in particular, will improve the chances of an aging guy smitten with poor looks will find a beautiful woman for a lasting committed relationship for at least 24 hours. I expect this to be a rather fashion forward event and the question is, what to wear, not to blend in, but rather to be “the guy”?
The social stuff I’m not too concerned with. I merely introduce myself as a known personality on Styleforum as if that, by itself, says it all. If I encounter representatives from Brioni, Kiton, Hermes, or Loro Piana I will let them know that I can try to get them hooked in as an affiliate member to styleforum, but even my position can only do so much. If the industry is seeing a drop in sales I’ll point out it is because Man of Lint is getting everyone to stop making purchases until 2015, but a bribe may do the trick. I’ll look down on anyone who has never heard of SpooPoker. I will point out that New York Ranger is changing the hearts and minds of the next generation and his urban style should not be ignored, even though the discretionary income of all of his students needs to go to my social security. I’ll point out that to the best of my knowledge, men’s attitudes towards capes has never been discussed. I will tell voluptuous women that men have become so concerned that women being preyed upon by plastic surgeons, that there is a major movement on the East Coast called “Just say no to big breasted women”, and that sex for them will probably simply be a memory. To small breasted women, I will point out that the prevalence of ***********ers has reached epic proportions and there is a rapidly growing movement in LA called “Just say no to small breasted women”, and that sex for them will probably simply be a memory. Since all women are concerned about their breasts being too big or too small, I don’t need to worry about those in between.
The question is, what to wear. I could show up and find myself in a whole room full of purple or pink jeans, so I don’t think that will do it. I may do the ascot thing because I am starting to think that no one has actually ever seen one in the real world, and any woman who is old enough to remember the millionaire from Gilligan’s Island is outside my targeted demographic. The Old Navy women’s jeans is an option because once you mention it to a girl that you’re wearing them, she can't help but to look to see how it accommodates your junk. I’ll wear my $340 Hermes boxer shorts because you don’t carry a Stradivarius in a paper bag. The Inverness cap and deerstalker are again an option, however, no one outside of my generation will have ever heard of Basil Rathbone, and it will need to be appreciated on its own merits. Wearing lapel pins for the 1936 Olympics, Zeppelins or the Manhattan Project inevitable generates as few sincere questions about if I participated, was I a passenger, and did I build it, thereby calling attention to my age. Suggestions?

That was a lot of fun to read, no sarcasm intended. Let me think this over and go through your default photos and I'll try to get back to you with some type of suggestion.

Xenon

Reaction score

I am planning on attending the San Francisco Fashion we............................... what to wear, not to blend in, but rather to be “the guy”?
Suggestions?

I think you need to move beyond this as you are sure to miss out on all those chicks that like chicks. Focus on universal appeal. In your case maybe lots of lipstick and super high heels to balance things out:D

In any case I am interested in going! I'll have to see about how to get to the proper side of the continent and also come up with an excuse for my wife. Really I want to go because it sounds like there may be a lot of tall skinny pretty girls with small breasts.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Does your wife ever check out your styleforun postings?

PTWilliams

Reaction score
James' demographic is safe

dirkweems

Reaction score
I think a winning smile to go with your Hermes boxers is all that you need.

Then again, if you didn't have pants or a belt, you'd have no place to put your hands. Seinfeld. I guess I'm dating myself now as a lot of people today don't get the Seinfeld references.

PTWilliams

Reaction score

...I guess I'm dating myself now as a lot of people today don't get the Seinfeld references.

Sadly, I even get the Jack Benny references.

Last edited:

dirkweems

Reaction score
Jack Benny had a real Strad. Nobody believed him until he died and then someone took a closer look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads