• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

Peurist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
how do you know daffys got in this shipment from tyrone's?

If you look at the inside of some of the sports jackets/suits, esp. the Zegna ones, they'll say 'Made exclusively for TYRONE'; I've also seen several pieces marked TYRONE in the past, as a house brand. And they all have the little white tags on them. Perhaps I'm just extrapolating a bit too much, but I'm 99.9% positive that's where this stuff comes from.

It's the only retail closeout Daffy's gets all year -- unlike some of the larger stores like Filenes and Loehmann's which often get stuff from Barney's, Wilkes-Bashford, Richards, and even Fred Segal.

Azul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by guy321
If you look at the inside of some of the sports jackets/suits, esp. the Zegna ones, they'll say 'Made exclusively for TYRONE'; I've also seen several pieces marked TYRONE in the past, as a house brand. And they all have the little white tags on them. Perhaps I'm just extrapolating a bit too much, but I'm 99.9% positive that's where this stuff comes from.

It's the only retail closeout Daffy's gets all year -- unlike some of the larger stores like Filenes and Loehmann's which often get stuff from Barney's, Wilkes-Bashford, Richards, and even Fred Segal.

which daffy's have you seen tyrone's stuff at?

Peurist

Reaction score
Daffy's 44th & Madison has some shirts; apparently Philly has gotten in a bit as well. As for the rest of it, your guess is as good as mine. 18th St. had the majority of the stock last fall, with 57th St. west side getting a bit as well. This stuff usually winds up in the smaller locations for some reason.

tjc4golf

Reaction score
I saw some Zegna and Belvest stuff in Philly in the Fall. May very well have been from Tyrone's but I didn't look too closely as it was all in big boy sizes.

The Ortenzi stuff mentioned on the blog is actually pretty nice. Not super high end but all the stuff I saw was fully canvased.

mfadam

Reaction score
Daffy's is a total enigma. Thanks for trying to make sense of the place. They get some good brands, often seconds/damages; nonetheless some really good deals if you know what you're looking for. Right now the Mabitex stuff is very slow on B&S here and I think that's because there's still a ton kicking around the Daffy's stores. This latest Inco haul was mediocre imho. Lotta weird colors/damages. Still better than $275 at Saks...

Peurist

Reaction score
In case anyone's interested, just a heads up -- this season's merchandise from Transit is supposed to hit stores at some point w/in the next week. Women's merchandise came in last week, men's should drop soon. Will update the blog when I catch a glimpse and try and give pics of some of the better items. For those of you unfamiliar w/the brand, think John Varvatos, just better quality and made in Italy -- though mostly knits and outerwear, at least the stuff that Daffy's gets in.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a single Isaia tie for $40 and had a hanging tag written in by hand saying "$165." They had a few ties with a similar tag and price by some company ____ a mano.

Peurist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius
Saw a single Isaia tie for $40 and had a hanging tag written in by hand saying "$165." They had a few ties with a similar tag and price by some company ____ a mano.
Yeah, those are from Tyrone; which store did you find them?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guy321
Yeah, those are from Tyrone; which store did you find them?

Wall St. Any idea about the quality of other tie I made reference to?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Philly store had 2 identical Isaia ties. Picked up one. Thin 3-fold in brown with flowers. Nothing else to write home about. Still a good amount of slim fitting delsiena shirts available near checkout. They're actually pretty nice. Picked up a fused sport coat but not sure if I'm going to keep it, or the tie.

OP, thanks for the site.

Peurist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Philly store had 2 identical Isaia ties. Picked up one. Thin 3-fold in brown with flowers. Nothing else to write home about. Still a good amount of slim fitting delsiena shirts available near checkout. They're actually pretty nice. Picked up a fused sport coat but not sure if I'm going to keep it, or the tie.

OP, thanks for the site.

The Delsiena shirts + ones from Marcus, Milena, B>More, Carrel and others are pretty awesome, Delsiena being the best quality IMHO. A number of these are on the clearance racks at 50% off, especially in larger sizes. But if you have the time, definitely look through the boxed shirts as they don't always put these particular brands out on the racks for some reason, though the fitting room attendant will often give you a dirty look for asking to try one on since they have to take out all the pins and such.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just stopped by Philly Daffy's to return the Isaia tie. Pattern didn't work with anything I own.

I found some Incotex! I feel like an addict... I've been waiting for like 2 years to get some more Incotex, and lost my favorite pair in Japan last summer.

I picked up the three pairs I could find that fit me as I wanted. I love em. Two were marked as High Comfort. There were a few others left in 34/50, some with really interesting patterns that fit me perfectly, and a few that were baggier. One was white with a purple chalk stripe down the side of the legs. Another was black with what resembles painted on stripes from the thigh to the bottom. Really interesting stuff, but they could look odd. The regular styles were insanely priced at 16.99, but the interesting patterned ones were something like 30 or 40.

Some left in 32/48... some as slim as 26/42! Didn't really check larger sizes, but there wasn't much selection.

There was also a few Zegna pants with the ***** tag. Cut baggier than the Incotex, but looked like they were made well.

Peurist

Reaction score
Just updated w/a new post. Only thing worthy of updating here -- The Elizabeth store got in a suit and sportcoat from Caruso (suit -- $400, blazer, $500), both size 44 Regular I believe, as well as a few random pieces from CP Company and Zegna. Pretty sure there will also be a few more items from Tyrone at the Co-Op City store in the Bronx once it opens next month. Would love to hear what kind of stuff they're carrying if anyone stops in there.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Irving Shulman has died at age 96, almost 50 years after he founded the store. Had an eye for fun marketing as well as great deals.
NYT: At one store he posted a mannequin on the roof to attract passers-by, who would rush in warning that a woman was about to jump.
RIP.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads