• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

Ebonyman

Reaction score
44th and madison seems to have restocked the suit supply as well. Nothing to write home (or here) about though. They don't seem to have any good neck ties left.

I'm hoping to stock up on some more bow ties and a few sweaters before they are gone for good. Will probably raid the sock rack and scoop up all the good vintage T's as well.

I saw Haspel dress shirts in new snazzy packaging but they were all white button downs so no interest.

Good thing I bought 12 pairs of Incotex and Mabitex over the last year or so....

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When are they scheduled to shut the door? In 2 weeks I'll be in NYC.

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up some trousers by Messori Black Label at the 34th Street store yesterday. They're completely made in Italy and have handwork and pretty nice fabrics. Daffy's prices are $69-79. They retail for $440-ish.

They also had some sports coats by the same house that were interesting, (and some a little TOO interesting) but had a bit of a square shoulder for my taste. I prefer the spalla camicia to the con rollino.

There are a few pairs of mislabeled Incotex navy cotton and hemp trousers. The ones I snagged were manufactured for a private label and had been marked as 44 and are actually 48s (which translates from a 28 to a 32). I spotted a couple of other pairs.

There are some pretty good sweaters, but a lot of crap. Some decent topcoats, especially in larger sizes. A lot of sport coats by Jey Coleman which are soft, completely unconstructed (and cheap!) almost like sweaters But I had just bought a knit Corneliani at Century21, so passed on these. As noted, nothing new on the tie front.

Last edited:

Peurist

Reaction score
There is admittedly a lot of junk around the stores right now, but wanted to point out the big finds from last week -- a bunch of random suit labels came in, and particularly of note to those here on SF, there were one or two Paul Smith and Hackett suits floating around (some in Philly, some in Soho), and the 34th St. store had a (yes, singular) beautiful Billy Reid Heriloom line suit (fully canvassed, made in USA) in a Size 40 for $149.99 -- if it is still there, it was on a Carlo Pignatelli hanger. Other brands of note, but less familiar to the SF crowd -- Simon Peet and Della Chiana.

Solo118

Reaction score
Just found this thread!

Daffy's has been my favorite store to shop for many many years! My closet is literally filled with their shirts, sport jackets, suits and shoes.

I think its a shame to lose them, I do not know where I will find clothing at these prices anywhere in America. I think it would benefit them to just open a website, and sell goods there instead of paying insane rent prices across NYC/Jersey.

If anyone has any intel on where I can buy some of their brands elsewhere such as DelSiena, Mastai Ferretti, Xagon, Alea and others please let me know!

Just today I picked up an awesome FB blazer, and 3 Delsiena shirts. Last week i picked up a pair of Johnston & Murphy boots as well as some Bass shoes. I can not believe they are going under, I was nearly crying in the store today thinking it would be the last season I will be shopping here.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't see anything worthwhile at Daffy's wall street location.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats the best location to get mastai shirts?

i need to pick some up before the doors close.

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score
I don't think there is a "best" location for Mastai shirts --- or for any one item at Daffy's.

You need to be willing to hit 3 or 4 locations in one day.

I would avoid the West 57th St. location, and the Elmhurst Queens location (both seem to have mostly Ingram shirts).

Oddly, I have seen a few Mastais at the co-op city Bronx store. I picked up 2 for myself (15/38 - 15/39). There were several last week.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think there is a "best" location for Mastai shirts --- or for any one item at Daffy's.
You need to be willing to hit 3 or 4 locations in one day.
I would avoid the West 57th St. location, and the Elmhurst Queens location (both seem to have mostly Ingram shirts).
Oddly, I have seen a few Mastais at the co-op city Bronx store. I picked up 2 for myself (15/38 - 15/39). There were several last week.

The Co-op city location was nothing compared to the others.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last week's investigation showed a scattering of SAITT produced shirts (incl Mastai at locations including 34th St.

The Ingram shirts are from the 90s -- first quality, but subtly dated in fabrics and colorways and styling details. This may or may not matter to you but is worth noting, as most Daffy's merch is not that old.

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last week's investigation showed a scattering of SAITT produced shirts (incl Mastai at locations including 34th St.
The Ingram shirts are from the 90s -- first quality, but subtly dated in fabrics and colorways and styling details. This may or may not matter to you but is worth noting, as most Daffy's merch is not that old.

Did you pick up the orange and purple SAITT button down-collared shirts? I almost bought them, but opted out because you can't really put them in the rotation all that much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads