• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5050574337243.jpg

Watchable, but did not make a lot of sense even for a Bond movie.

Tropical tux and Lea Seydoux were possibly best things about this movie. Not great not terrible.
I always thought Spectre was the worst of the DC Bond movies. This movie dragged on and on while not being very interesting. QoS was at least quick with nonstop action for the most part.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thought Spectre was the worst of the DC Bond movies. This movie dragged on and on while not being very interesting. QoS was at least quick with nonstop action for the most part.

Agreed liked the QoS better.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw the new mean girls last night.

I’m not sure how, but I guess I was really confused—I thought it was some sort of next-generation sequel including children of original characters and for some reason I really thought Rachel McAdams was in it, possibly as the school principal?

Instead it was just the broadway musical repackaged as a movie.

Guess that’s what happens when you don’t really watch trailers or read anything and just go see it!

Still thought it was pretty good, well performed, and the songs worked. But the original is better and will be what I rewatch in the future. Also it had that 2000s casting where everyone was smoking hot.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished Dead Reckoning part 1...

Not a fan. Just something about a key, lots of car wrecks, and Tom Cruise constantly looking anguished.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
R.12125a9bba958646ea19a792f3684a21

Caught this last night. Had never heard about it but was a very good alien trapped with humans film. Something the Alien universe (covenant, prometheus) has failed at since the first two films. No stupid characters, few questionable decisions, and a bad m-fer as a villain. Loved the ending too.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished Dead Reckoning part 1...

Not a fan. Just something about a key, lots of car wrecks, and Tom Cruise constantly looking anguished.
And running, you forgot Tom Cruise running, lots of running
R.12125a9bba958646ea19a792f3684a21

Caught this last night. Had never heard about it but was a very good alien trapped with humans film. Something the Alien universe (covenant, prometheus) has failed at since the first two films. No stupid characters, few questionable decisions, and a bad m-fer as a villain. Loved the ending too.
I’ll need to check this one out.

Did a rewatch of this the other night, still love it.

1707361884908.jpeg

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
Reminds me I've never seen Isle of Dogs--thanks for the mention.

I rewatched Capote with Philip Seymour Hoffman the other night. I was trying to get the taste of the first couple episodes of Feud: Capote vs The Swans out of my mouth. (No pun intended.)

1) PSH was a genius and one can simply wonder what he would've done had he lived-- brilliant actor.

2) Swans is okay. I've read every word Capote wrote and most words written about him. My opinion (based only on the first two episodes) is that Hollander's portrayal of him is too over the top. He takes it too far--I admit that may be the result of direction as opposed to acting--who knows? Just scenery chewing stuff, IMO. We'll see what happens in the subsequent episodes--the sets and costumes are enough to keep me checking in. The interior decoration is killer. Not to mention the Swans--they're lovely. Putty-knife make-up, but who cares?

One's a movie, one's a series. Sue me.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Watched The Iceman which was enjoyable. The acting was really good, but the overall movie was only mediocre. Reading about the real Kuklinski, it doesn't surprise me that the movie isn't very accurate.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OIP.xr8-Abik9a4Ku9brYivqnwHaHa

I caught this on Amazon Prime. Pretty good. Some real spooky costume design. Some irritating characters and the story becomes a bit :puzzled: towards the end. Still worth a watch.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I watched Before the Devil Knows You're Dead which I recall parts of, but if I had seen it, I don't know how I would have forgotten all of the great Marissa Tomei scenes.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched Before the Devil Knows You're Dead which I recall parts of, but if I had seen it, I don't know how I would have forgotten all of the great Marissa Tomei scenes.

she's incredible in every way . i often like to read up on critique etc when i watch films and i came across this story that hoffman was body shy for that scene b/c he had never really had to think about acting without clothing before , so tome jumps on the bed on all fours and slaps her ass and goes 'come on philly' to deflate the atmosphere lmao .

barutanseijin

Reaction score
What’s been screening chez moi:

Bunch of Suzuki Seijun movies, including all three of the supernatural /ghostly Taisho trilogy. The other one’s were from his studio days, so action packed and kind of bizarre. Scratch that: rather bizarre, in genre blending fashion. A Japanese Western (Man with a Shotgun)? Why not? How about Joe Shishido doing a song and dance number in the bad guy’s HQ? (Detective Bureau 23: Go to hell, bastards!)

As for the Taisho trilogy, it’s nice to see Suzuki with less frenetic pacing. Having been fired and blacklisted from the studios, Suzuki had to use location shooting for these independent productions. That makes for some lovely scenes especially in the first film, Zignurweisen (1980). Unfortunately, the two lead characters came off as tiresome adolescents obsessed with death. The third installment (Yumeji, 1990) has a similar problem in that the title character is a grown man with a teenage mind. Other characters were more interesting and i wanted to see more of them, the women & also Tama Saburo’s role — if only to see more of a kabuki great on screen.

The only one of the Taisho movies i unreservedly enjoyed was the second, Kageroza. It helped that the lead was Matsuda Yusaku (in his first non-action role). There is the typical problem one has with Suzuki in that it’s really difficult to make sense of what one is seeing. That’s fine in this case because Matsuda’s character has the same problem. It’s easy to sympathize when he says he doesn’t want to die. I had a hard time relating to most of the characters in the other two films.

Also: Lawrence of Arabia. It’s a cliche, but see it on a big, big screen. Nothing else does the cinematography justice. The only problem is finding a screen big enough. The local bazillion-plex isn’t going to cut it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads