• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dhc905
As I found out. They knead it into the meat, but put this red sauce to taste on top of the cheese. I thought the red sauce was the source of the heat, so I took a big chunk of meat with just a little red sauce. I almost died.

When we got the bill, I told the waitress that it was seriously too spicy for anyone to enjoy. She responded:

*****. Before we put it on the menu, the manager made me eat the entire thing in 15 minutes without water. Granted, I was drinking whiskey...

Yeah, they are habanero level hot. Can be very unpleasant.

So you think this is better than Kuma's? I need to give a try then, because I think of Kuma's as being a very good burger place.

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Kuma's has a great burger, but this place has imo, as good if not better burger, and the people who work there are of the friendly tattooed hipster persuasion. The Mac and Cheese is hands down vastly superior, if you're a Mac and Cheese kind of guy.

Be interested to hear your opinion.

Also I would avoid that Arson Burger. I'm glad I got my burger and only tried a little bit of that at the end, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to enjoy mine.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll have to try that place (especially if the line is shorter than kumas)

Kuma's makes some great burgers although I prefer a smaller patty...both for the ratio of seared outside to inner meat and for the feeling you get after eating a whole burger and plate of waffle fries (what are you going to do...take it home and reheat it for second meal of now-mediocre burger and limp fries?)...

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Festa Mangalitsa.

Was out with friends last night at a place where they were holding an 18(!) course all-mangalitsa dinner for 50.

They acquired a 300# hog, butchered it and used just about everything. My colleagues know the chef so he kept dropping plates by over the evening... Amazingly great. Great chef helps but the quality of the pork in the many different preps was
inlove.gif

Especially fine was agnoleti stuffed with a mousse made from the liver.
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
such a wonderful base of "liver" but with a sweetness and acidity from the tomato etc.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Kuma's has a great burger, but this place has imo, as good if not better burger, and the people who work there are of the friendly tattooed hipster persuasion. The Mac and Cheese is hands down vastly superior, if you're a Mac and Cheese kind of guy.

Also I would avoid that Arson Burger. I'm glad I got my burger and only tried a little bit of that at the end, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to enjoy mine.

OK I will check it out this week and report back.

I have a friend that must try this arson burger.

cronicmole

Reaction score
I would post..but I like to be full after I eat my dinner not hungry..so my man sized portions would not be appropriate for the food decortication in this thread.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

Of course I find out about this place 2 days after lavine chicago

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Potato gnocchi ravioli, with chard and ricotta filling, egg yolk, and sage brown butter. In process:
IMG_1631.jpg
Done:
IMG_1633.jpg
Enjoyed with 1990 Gaja Barolo Sperss, and a half bottle of Ridge Geyserville Essence (with dessert), both of which were wonderful.
IMG_1632.jpg
IMG_1634.jpg

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolpapaboze
Potato gnocchi ravioli, with chard and ricotta filling, egg yolk, and sage brown butter.
In process:
IMG_1631.jpg

Done:
IMG_1633.jpg

Enjoyed with 1990 Gaja Barolo Sperss, and a half bottle of Ridge Geyserville Essence (with dessert), both of which were wonderful.
IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

Looks beautiful, very nicely done

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
And baller wines...
smile.gif
How was the Gaja? I may have an opportunity to open that bottle later this summer.

I thought it was wonderful. It was youthful and got better with air, definitely needs a few hours in the decanter. It was probably opened too soon. If served blind I would have guessed Bordeaux.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
trying to eat down my fridge, so I made an 'American' meal for lunch (none of this was actually grown in America, though)
249636_10100253334542500_15904009_51302057_6126039_n.jpg

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
trying to eat down my fridge, so I made an 'American' meal for lunch (none of this was actually grown in America, though)
249636_10100253334542500_15904009_51302057_6126039_n.jpg

Far too many vegetables to be american.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads