• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mujib

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning on getting a pair of Xim Horsebit loafers. I've read some of the posts here; they all seem to say the loafers are unlined, but the website says they are lined.

How do these fit? I know the width is standard, but should I size down?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What’s the average wait time now? I read that things really slowed down during the pandemic but haven’t heard of an improvement since.

Mujib

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning on getting a pair of Xim Horsebit loafers. I've read some of the posts here; they all seem to say the loafers are unlined, but the website says they are lined.

How do these fit? I know the width is standard, but should I size down?
Anyone familiar with these?

WatchesCars

Reaction score
Does anyone go down 1.5 sizes from Brannock on rain last wholecuts in shell? I am an 8.5 brannock and have had a couple calf skin wholecuts that fit in the past in 7.5. recently tried on a size 7 in shell and it fit and could close the lacings. was worried they would be too snug after a few hours of wear. anyone manage to go 1.5 down on shell oxford and make it work?

Zeltbahn

Reaction score
Hey all. I've got some Oxfords in Forest last but after getting them I don't think the last works for me after all (even though I did try the size from their regular line, UK11 felt alright so went and ordered custom). While the Forest fits somewhat alright, I think what I would need is a last that has slightly more toe room but would prefer lower instep. I feel like I have narrow heels but my toes need space as I never can wear anything that is very tapered in front. I was thinking Oscar could be worth a try?

WalkingHammers

Reaction score
I just had the opportunity to try on some Carminas in store. I have wide feet (I wear 8EEE on the 65 last in Allen Edmonds) so almost none of the regular lasts fit me, except for Forest 7.5EEE. It was snug, but not tight, and I could tell that they would fit perfectly once the sole settles. It's a reasonably generous last. The Rain 7.5EEE was okay but not great - more tight than comfortably snug, and I'm not sure if they would break in well for me. They didn't gave Detroit EEE in stock so I couldn't try it.
You mean U.S. 8EEE as compared to U.K 7.5EEE, right? I'm in the EEE camp too.

ers

Reaction score
I just received a pair of brand new Oxford Forest UK11 EEE's. Everything is perfectly snug, and fits great for how I would expect a brand new pair of shoes to fit minus the instep. I have a high arch, and the instep is a bit tighter than I would like once I lace them up.

This is my first pair of Carminas, so I'm unsure how they will break in compared to something like AEs. Do you think these will break in over time enough to reduce the gap, or would something like the Rain last probably be a better fit? The gap is about 2.5cm at the top eyelet of the right shoe for reference.

Attachments

• shoe2.JPG
    shoe2.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 2,170
Last edited:

kik595

Reaction score
Hi all, typical-ish size question:

My normal boot wears:
Alden Barrie: 11.5D US
Alden Trubalance 11.5D US
Viberg 2030 10.5 Viberg (UK)
Crockett & Jones last 336 10.5 UK

Considering:
Carmina Balmoral design in Forest last - my understanding is that Forest being one of their most traditional/'typical' this should be a pretty direct correlation to my C&Js and a 10.5 UK should fit?

Thanks for any advice!

dzung2408

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first time purchasing from Carmina. I am considering buying a pair of double monkstrap with the Inca last, and am undecided between size 7 and 7.5 UK. My foot length is 26cm, and I currently wear a pair of TLB Artista oxford shoes in size 7.5 UK, but the heel area is slightly wide (if I tie the laces tightly, they are good to wear, but I still think size 7 would fit better)
Given this, should I choose size 7 for Carmina Inca, or 7,5?
Thanks for any advice

bpt7594

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first time purchasing from Carmina. I am considering buying a pair of double monkstrap with the Inca last, and am undecided between size 7 and 7.5 UK. My foot length is 26cm, and I currently wear a pair of TLB Artista oxford shoes in size 7.5 UK, but the heel area is slightly wide (if I tie the laces tightly, they are good to wear, but I still think size 7 would fit better)
Given this, should I choose size 7 for Carmina Inca, or 7,5?
Thanks for any advice
I wear 7 in TLB Artista lasts and 7.5 Inca double monk in Cordovan so it's slightly larger. I have to tie the first strap at the tightest setting and the second at the 2nd tightest for it to fit but then it's very comfortable though the heel can be a bit slimmer. My foot is 26.6cm so I'd advise you taking the 7 in Inca.

Franky

Reaction score
Hi, thinking of some brown suede wingtip oxfords. I am an 8E/ee brannock.

I see they have a rain and Lloret-ee last available. Think I could make one of those work in 7.5? I recently got some 7.5 wide meermin oxfords and they fit great. 8E in the AE 65 last works fine for me.

bjornb17

Reaction score
Hi friends, I wanted to see if you can please provide some sizing guidance for me with ordering my first pair of Carmina shoes. I'm upgrading from about 12 years of wearing mostly Allen Edmonds although I've had a couple Loake shoes in the past. Unfortunately living in Texas I don't have access to a Carmina store so I'm having to do a best guess on my order.

I went to a local Allen Edmonds store recently and apparently my official foot size is 10.75 2E so I'm sort of in an in between weird in size in both length and width. Here is my experience with shoes without getting into too much detail with lasts:

Allen Edmonds 10.5E - feels snug but ok when putting on but as feet swell up way too tight, beyond what could be broken in. Hurts to walk on.

Allen Edmonds 11D - Length is fine but too narrow, hurts to walk on.

Allen Edmonds 11E - Feels pretty good

Allen Edmonds 11EEE - Feels pretty good, maybe a hair too wide

Allen Edmonds 11.5E - Width feels good but shoe is slightly too long and I find the toe bending too much or find myself tripping over shoes that are too long.

Allen Edmonds 11.5EEE - Just a little too big all around and foot slides around a little bit.

Loake 10.5 (UK) D, shoes actually fit good but maybe a touch too long for my foot. Width probably felt fine since the overall shoe was half a size too big.

My best guess is that I should be 10 (UK) EEE in Carmina. 10 UK equals 11 US and the Rain EEE is approximately equal to a US E from what I can tell. Can anybody chime in? Thanks!

Attached are pics of two customer shoes I spec'ed out on their website :D

Attachments

• unnamed (1).png
    unnamed (1).png
    247.4 KB · Views: 664
  • unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    436.6 KB · Views: 671
Last edited:

maatha

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and looking to buy first pair of Carmina, Rain last.
I'm located in Japan and unfortunately their policy only allows for one exchange in case of wrong size, and no refund.
For this reason I'd like to ask for help to understand which size to go for.

Shop measurement was 13.5UK and D. Home measurement was 302mm length 114mm width.

I was recommended by the shop assistant to order 12.5EE or 13EE.

Attached pictures sent by Carmina customer support of a 12UK size Rain Last.

I would appreciate any suggestion. Let me know if any additional info is needed.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1695.JPG
    IMG_1695.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 1,946
  • IMG_1698.JPG
    IMG_1698.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 1,930
Last edited:

bjornb17

Reaction score
Hi friends, I wanted to see if you can please provide some sizing guidance for me with ordering my first pair of Carmina shoes. I'm upgrading from about 12 years of wearing mostly Allen Edmonds although I've had a couple Loake shoes in the past. Unfortunately living in Texas I don't have access to a Carmina store so I'm having to do a best guess on my order.

I went to a local Allen Edmonds store recently and apparently my official foot size is 10.75 2E so I'm sort of in an in between weird in size in both length and width. Here is my experience with shoes without getting into too much detail with lasts:

Allen Edmonds 10.5E - feels snug but ok when putting on but as feet swell up way too tight, beyond what could be broken in. Hurts to walk on.

Allen Edmonds 11D - Length is fine but too narrow, hurts to walk on.

Allen Edmonds 11E - Feels pretty good

Allen Edmonds 11EEE - Feels pretty good, maybe a hair too wide

Allen Edmonds 11.5E - Width feels good but shoe is slightly too long and I find the toe bending too much or find myself tripping over shoes that are too long.

Allen Edmonds 11.5EEE - Just a little too big all around and foot slides around a little bit.

Loake 10.5 (UK) D, shoes actually fit good but maybe a touch too long for my foot. Width probably felt fine since the overall shoe was half a size too big.

My best guess is that I should be 10 (UK) EEE in Carmina. 10 UK equals 11 US and the Rain EEE is approximately equal to a US E from what I can tell. Can anybody chime in? Thanks!

Attached are pics of two customer shoes I spec'ed out on their website :D

Update to my post - I ended up getting the UK 10 on the Rain EEE last which is apparently equal to an 11E. The shoe initially felt slightly snug for an 11E but after wearing probably 7 times has seem to have broken in and be really comfortable. So my assessment from my experience and from what I've read online is that their shoes generally run a hair small but maybe not quite enough to go up half a size unless you're borderline on sizes. I'm sure with a few more wears it will be perfect whereas a half size bigger would potentially start getting a bit loose. Great shoes by the way!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads