• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by carlhuber
I placed a layer of diced cherry tomatoes and lightly sauteed spinach along with some smoked mozarella between two pounded-flat chicken breasts. Liberally seasoned and very lightly oiled, baked for an hour. Absolutely delicious. I wish I had more now, for lunch.

Sounds excellent - I'll have to try this for dinner very soon.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She is close to London Bridge, around the corner from Borough Market. (Great place to spend a morning shopping for edibles)

Seemed a bit grungy to me at first, but it appears to be undergoing a gentrification with some new gated developments coming in, some nice shops (new Paul Smith, Vinopolis, etc)

I used to end up in Belgravia a bit as our old London offoce was off Grosvenor Place. Would be good to meet for a drink. I am currently in Hong Kong, but back in London around the third week in Sept.

K

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
There are a number of 'cru' Beaujolais, for lack of a better word, appellations: Morgon, Fleurie, etc. (5 or 6?) - nothing nouveau about these. Check out the producer Pierre Chermette if you're able...
I've had Fleurie, I hated it.

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
She is close to London Bridge, around the corner from Borough Market. (Great place to spend a morning shopping for edibles)

Seemed a bit grungy to me at first, but it appears to be undergoing a gentrification with some new gated developments coming in, some nice shops (new Paul Smith, Vinopolis, etc)

I used to end up in Belgravia a bit as our old London offoce was off Grosvenor Place. Would be good to meet for a drink. I am currently in Hong Kong, but back in London around the third week in Sept.

K

The Borough (Southwark)/London Bridge area is a nice place to live, but damn dangerous, kind of like Hoxton.
Actually, there was this amazing masionette in Fitzrovia, which I was about to buy, but I feared for my life!
I'm actually of to Bahrain for 3 weeks next week, so I think our dates will coincide. Send me a PM when you are in town. Have you been to the Blue Bar in the Berkeley? If you've exhausted Belgravia's bars, my flat is nearby…

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
The Borough (Southwark)/London Bridge area is a nice place to live, but damn dangerous, kind of like Hoxton.
Actually, there was this amazing masionette in Fitzrovia, which I was about to buy, but I feared for my life!
I'm actually of to Bahrain for 3 weeks next week, so I think our dates will coincide. Send me a PM when you are in town. Have you been to the Blue Bar in the Berkeley? If you've exhausted Belgravia's bars, my flat is nearby...

I agree with you on this, particularly with Elephant and Castle not so far away. That said, she has always liked the more up and coming areas, even when I met her in Amsterdam.

I would by no means say that I have exhausted Belgravia's bars. Ended up in the area when in town for business, but would be interested in seeing more of it.

Let's connect towards the end of the month. I should be in London for the last week before heading to Oxford

K

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
I agree with you on this, particularly with Elephant and Castle not so far away. That said, she has always liked the more up and coming areas, even when I met her in Amsterdam.

I would by no means say that I have exhausted Belgravia's bars. Ended up in the area when in town for business, but would be interested in seeing more of it.

Let's connect towards the end of the month. I should be in London for the last week before heading to Oxford

K

Yes, let's certainly meet up.
It's always good to invest in up and coming areas, today it's Bayswater, yesterday it was Notting Hill, tomorrow it's Kensal Rise.
I just can't see the rat race moving out of West London. But hey, we saw it in Clerkenwell, Angel and Hoxton...
If you've not been to Blue Bar, I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Bouji

Reaction score
Actually, scrap the Blue Bar, if you're into pub lunches, there is an amazing 'gastro-pub' near me, it's on me, and bring your girlfriend.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I am still wrapping my head around the "gastro pub" thing

Enjoy Bharain and we'll be in touch towards the end of the month

K

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quail from the farmers market.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
I'll certainly try the Morgon. However, I wouldn't say I like lighter wines, what gave you that impression?
it was a generic "you", I wouldn't assume anything about your specific taste.

!luc

Claudio

Reaction score
Something simple really: pork chop cooked on pan (no oil or anything), finished with Balsamic vinigar (modena of course) and mixed green salad , glass of cabernet franc from a local wine maker. Dessert was home made raisin cake accompanied with cool bottled sweet verduzzo from Friuli (sorry don't remember specifics).

Today's lunch was light: starter was 'pasta e fagioli' which is a bean soup with some small pasta inside, topepd with grana padano, and olive oil; second course was frech mozzarella and some steamed zucchini bought from local farmer - simpe but very tasty (sounds like hospital food come to think of it) - again, a glass of cabernet franc; a peach

Claudio

Reaction score
3 nights ago (worth mentioning):
had gone to visit my aunt in venice and bought some fresh squid with its ink bag intact; that night I chopped it up, cooked it with garlic, prezzemolo, dry white wine (I think it was pinot) and made risotto adding its ink; final touch was a butter-prezzemolo-garlic mix I had made the day before; I was in heaven (and had black teeth
laugh.gif
); accompanied with prosecco

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Claudio, I saw on the tv show Iron Chef during a squid challenge where the Iron Chef made ice cream from the ink. The judges were a bit wary of eating it but they liked it.

carlhuber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Sounds excellent - I'll have to try this for dinner very soon.

It's really quite tasty! There's a variant that stuffs Feta and Spinach inside a ****-open pork loin, which is then either tied and grilled or wrapped with bacon and grilled (way too much fat for my taste)....which is great as well.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had grilled NY strip tonight, accompanied with some sauteed fennel, onion and potato. Delicious!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads