• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Still in Rome with my girlfriend; yesterday was my 40th, so we went out last night to dinner at Da Giovanni's, had a fantastic meal, walked around Rome and ended up with prosecco at the Campo de Fiori, where the locals gather to stand around the edge of the piazza to try to kill each other with fireworks and by throwing empty bottles into the open space in the middle

I dragged the girlfriend into the middle of the piazza and proceeded to propose marriage at a quarter past midnight.

Went down on one knee in front of a thousand people and pulled a ring out of my pocket. The whole piazza applauded, heh.

All in all, not exactly an average evening.
smile.gif

Pre-proposal:

And post- , with fiancÃ
00a9.png
e (note fireworks in the background):

LS, best of luck buddy. Congrats.

Originally Posted by Nugget
Great execution!! Congratulations and all the very best.

Some simpleton next door let off firecrackers here last night. Wife and I hit the floor!! .. great way to bond.

The roads are blocked in and out of town, finally no traffic
laugh.gif

There has been a lot of tension obviously, and lot in our house. The wife as a journalist wants to break the big stories (there are a lot) and I think I'm pretty supportive as a rule, but I am not happy about the dangers involved right now.

To relieve the tension I went and enjoyed a number of beers in the sun with an aussie friend today - amazing the way we can reduce any situation to a sporting analogy or two... (This is half time in 1970 Carlton Collingwood GF in this case for those who know - Jesaulenko you beauty). Half time and democracy is a long way back. Felt great afterwards.

Driving home had a new roadblock and lotsa AK47s.. Decided with the help of the first policeman to take the scenic route...

Nugget, ummm...best of luck, buddy. Stay safe.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsholmes1
Alcohol Intoxication is what the paper says. The champagne did more damage than I thought.

Well I hope you're feeling better! I bet I know what your New Year resolution will be...
shog[1].gif
(no more
worship2.gif
to the porcelain God!)
crackup[1].gif

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still in Rome with my girlfriend; yesterday was my 40th, so we went out last night to dinner at Da Giovanni's, had a fantastic meal, walked around Rome and ended up with prosecco at the Campo de Fiori, where the locals gather to stand around the edge of the piazza to try to kill each other with fireworks and by throwing empty bottles into the open space in the middle

I dragged the girlfriend into the middle of the piazza and proceeded to propose marriage at a quarter past midnight.

Went down on one knee in front of a thousand people and pulled a ring out of my pocket. The whole piazza applauded, heh.

All in all, not exactly an average evening.
smile.gif

Pre-proposal:

Congratulations LS!

dsholmes1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Well I hope you're feeling better! I bet I know what your New Year resolution will be...
shog[1].gif
(no more
worship2.gif
to the porcelain God!)
crackup[1].gif

Thanks alot bros. I am feeling pretty good. I did not really have a hangover nor did I lose my guts. But I am def not thinking about drinking for a little while.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LS: Congrats. You two look great.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still slightly drunk. After chatting up two different girls who turned out to have their actual boyfriends actually with them at the party (yet not getting punched at all) the party disbanded around 2 and reformed at my place where I most likely challenged all comers to a tequila shot contest which I "won" by living and not falling off my balcony. I am not buying any more tequila. My liver should be studied by science. I somehow burned my finger. I threatened two of my friends but since I couldn't really use my arms the threats were pretty empty. I kind of forgot to eat anything yesterday. Attempting to count backwards, I probably drank somewhere between 15-20 various drinks over the course of the night. This is not a record for me but is pretty unusual in the last couple years. Hopefully my friends whom I threatened can't remember or forgive me.

It was a great night. Congrats to everyone else who survived, especially Lucky Strike. You're 40?!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just grilled up two cheeseburgers for my late night "snack". My mom picked up the 85% lean/15% fat ground round and WOW. This is so juicy and good.,

Histrion

Reaction score
I came back from Tel Aviv and passed out on my bed while my family was still here for a small New Year party. I plan on doing the same tonight, tomorrow and perhaps the day after tomorrow too.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again all
smile.gif
just came home, not feeling entirely ready for doing the yearly inventory at work tomorrow morning - well, in eight hours. And yes, turned 40 on NYE. The trouble about having your birthday on that day is that it gave me an inflated ego for life; I always thought the other kids had pretty low-rent birthday parties compared to mine; all the grown-ups dressed up, His Majesty always held a very solemn speech on television, and of course the fireworks...the bubble burst when I was around six, and I already had started getting a bit blasÃ
00a9.png
about it.

drake

Reaction score
You're 40? I always assumed you were a recent college graduate...

Thanks again all
smile.gif
just came home, not feeling entirely ready for doing the yearly inventory at work tomorrow morning - well, in eight hours.

And yes, turned 40 on NYE. The trouble about having your birthday on that day is that it gave me an inflated ego for life; I always thought the other kids had pretty low-rent birthday parties compared to mine; all the grown-ups dressed up, His Majesty always held a very solemn speech on television, and of course the fireworks...the bubble burst when I was around six, and I already had started getting a bit blasÃ
00a9.png
about it.

migo

Reaction score
Nugget take it easy there! Don't go into town tomorrow, be safe!

NYE for me: My brother and I were fast asleep at midnight...woke up at 5am, drove up to hunter mountain, hit fresh trails at 9am and skiid all day. On the drive up, snow storm set in, so we were basically floating on untouched powder all day. Probably the best East coast ski experience I've had in my life, especially (and this is the reason we went) because there was hardly anybody else sharing the mountain with us. Hit almost exclusively blacks and double blacks (one of the trails had moguls that were probably a good 4 feet high, and the slope was one of the steepest on the mountain...).

Sick way to start off the new year.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Wow, go Trond. You seem to have won 2007, man. NYE--after being born in New York and growing up and going to college in Jersey, I finally hit the city for new year's eve for the first time. Went out with another American guy living in BP and an old friend of his. Didn't buy the tickets to the party until about 4pm on the 31st so the costume shop where we waited on line for an hour and a half to pick them up didn't have them on hand. Bad start. Had to trek out from TriBeCa to some random office building near NYU where we finally got the tickets. While we were waiting there the tide turned when I identified the perfume on one of the cute blondes standing around as Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf, a way sexy scent. Now properly in the mood after that good conversation, we wandered over to Otto, Mario Batali's pizza place in the Village. Not taking walk ins but three seats opened up at the bar just as we walked in, so momentum was now squarely on our side. The three of us split a pitcher of Bellinis made with blood orange and two pizzas, margherita and sausage/broccoli rabe. Flavors were great but the crust was kind of cracker-y for me. As an aside, I'll eventually have to try Una Pizza Napoletana but have so far balked at spending $18-$20 a pie when the real thing costs 4 euros. Anyway, the good vibes continued but it was still only 9, too early to invite any of the women we were chatting with to join us. After the guys cleaned up we went to a place called Forum (When in Rome and All the debauchery of ancient Rome without the togas were the taglines of the party) which had been $120 each for an open bar until 2am. In NYC that's about 8 G&Ts each plus cover, so was actually a decent deal. I had been expecting a crushing crowd and completely no access to the bar, but the place was just pleasantly busy. Never had to wait more than a minute or two for a bartender, there were a few groups of single women, and I only spotted a couple of the guys who inspired this thread title way back when. Funniest moment of the night (for me) was when one of those guys came and tried to steal away the girl I was talking to. Textbook "Mystery" or similar method attempt to out alpha-male me: grabbed her by the hand and started pulling towards the dance floor. A couple of well-placed hugs later he was on his way cursing me in Arabic and I was being thanked warmly. So all three of us were set for midnight as were all the girls in their group except one who was very drunk and trying to get my buddy away from his girl. The one he was with also happened to be drunk-girl's friend and turned out to be the wet blanket of the group. Ah well, had a good couple hours and moved on to an apartment party an old fling of mine had invited us to. By now though it was 3.30 and the party was dying. Grabbed the only single girl I could find and had pizza and a drink before crashing on the old fling's futon. All in all and awesome new year's eve, even if I finished my drink right before midnight and couldn't get champagne in time. Next day met up with the guys for greasy breakfast at a diner near Union Square then ran out to JFK for the 8 hour flight back to Hungary. Now jet-lagged. Happy 2008 all! Tom

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Happy new year Tom.

Where are you living these days man? You seem to be Mr Intercontinental lately (as opposed to me, im just Mr Incontinent)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads