• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I bought a bottle of Crag 12 today, but I'm ascareded to open it.
Save that bottle for my visit! Or if you must, drink it and buy another one when I get there.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Save that bottle for my visit! Or if you must, drink it and buy another one when I get there.

Are you kidding me? I'm not giving you my nice ****. You can have Miller Lite or some DeKuyper's Apple Pucker or something.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Kool-aid; i **** you not, Kool-aid.

water is free, sugar is cheap, and kool-aid was like 20/1$ so i am taking full advantage.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kwilk, nice buy on the Cragganmore. Tell me, o chef, do you get bananas out of the nose like I find so prevalent?

Tonight I have 2oz Chopin, 1 oz White Lillet, 1/4 oz, St. Germain, with a twist on top. Lovely, lovely, lovely -- squeaky clean and just a touch citrusy. Mmmmmmmmm.

~ Huntsman

cut76

Reaction score
Currently a 2005 Simi Chardonnay, which is just ok. Think I'll switch to the Balvenie Doublewood when this bottle is done.

cut76

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Kwilk, nice buy on the Cragganmore. Tell me, o chef, do you get bananas out of the nose like I find so prevalent?

Tonight I have 2oz Chopin, 1 oz White Lillet, 1/4 oz, St. Germain, with a twist on top. Lovely, lovely, lovely -- squeaky clean and just a touch citrusy. Mmmmmmmmm.

~ Huntsman

That sounds delicious.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

~ Huntsman

That sounds interesting... Are you able to actually taste both the elderflower and the citrus components or does the citrus of Lillet + twist cancel it out? Did you make this up or does it have a name?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tecate Mojito Saw Rick Bayless on tv the other night and he made this. Found a case of Tecate at the liqour store down the street, picked a few mint leaves (having a mint plant on the balcony==drinks anytime) and whipped one up. Worked out pretty well.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Had a 2003 Pagodes des Cos with dinner. Right now, it's water with lime.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
That sounds interesting... Are you able to actually taste both the elderflower and the citrus components or does the citrus of Lillet + twist cancel it out? Did you make this up or does it have a name?
I made it up -- it's a variant of a drink I used to call the White Martini, and there's an explanation of that in the quoted post below. But, apparently, there already is some extremely lame drink called the white martini (it contains, naturally, no gin, vodka, or vermouth of any sort), so I think I will have to re-christen my drink the White Manhattan. It's equally good with Gin or Vodka, and the St. Germain is a lovely variant from my standard, which is Maraschino (harkening to the Martinez). As for tasting the different notes from the St. Germain, honestly, I don't know. I was rather annoyed tonight, and (unusually for me) I just drank and enjoyed it and didn't analyze it as I am usually apt to do. It was yummy and I'm pretty discriminating, and that's all I can say on that for now.
I've always thought of the Martini (or it's progenitor, the Martinez) as the clear spirit mirror of the Manhattan -- gin for the bourbon, dry vermouth for sweet, olive for cherry, Maraschino for bitters. Straight gin martinis are all well and good, but all the extra dry malarky gets on my nerves (order a chilled gin with an olive already!), especially as the gin ration has risen to near exclusivity from it's former smaller role. I should like the Vesper, but I don't, so I thought I'd try a new variant; I present The White Martini. I use the -tini ending as it carries the mantle borne by the Martinez, but uses vodka or gin and white vermouth from the Vesper, but in the proportions of the Manhattan, which are more in keeping with the original Martini anyway. The White Martini: 2 oz. Vodka or Gin (use exceptional examples, I use Chopin or Junipero) 1 oz White Lillet up to 1/4 oz Maraschino Stir over ice for 25 seconds, strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with a generous slice of lemon peel, squeezed over the glass. Refreshing, spirit forward, complex, not bone dry.
dsc00372mi5.jpg
dsc0575zb2.jpg

~ Huntsman

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
~ Huntsman

Not sure if I can get the bananas. I've only had a few fingers of this before I bought this bottle. I haven't noticed it before, but I'll try some tonight and maybe if I'm trying to find the bananas then I'll be able to taste them.

PARTY

Reaction score
Rikaloff. Made right at home here in Baltimore. Thank you Majestic Distilling Co. for your wonderful 10 dollar handle.
vodka041.jpg

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
I must confess, I am drinking the champagne of beers at the moment. As far as macro American beers are concerned, I am confident in saying that this is the absolute best. Very bready, full of effervescence, this is easy to drink.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PARTY
Rikaloff.

Made right at home here in Baltimore. Thank you Majestic Distilling Co. for your wonderful 10 dollar handle.

vodka041.jpg

I lived off that freshman year of undergrad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads