• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots!

Engineer05

Reaction score
I've noticed the Wesco Packer model has the same "shelf" by the arch that White's has, and while some people have claimed this looks odd I've found it to be very supportive when standing on a ladder for any period of time.

I don't own any Wesco boots (yet) but the virtual boot builder on their site is a lot of fun.

I've never owned any White's with Arch-Ease, but my Wesco's (Packers and Jobmasters) do have some arch support. I imagine it's less than White's, though, which is perfect for me.

Whirling

Reaction score

My Jobmasters arrived! Right on time, actually a week before expected.

I am very happy with them...solid...good leather...I am a 10.5 C, boots are 10.5 C...fit well...but definitely made to accommodate thick socks. If anything a touch shorter than i might prefer...next time, I might get 11 A.

PaintSplattered

Reaction score
I've never owned any White's with Arch-Ease, but my Wesco's (Packers and Jobmasters) do have some arch support. I imagine it's less than White's, though, which is perfect for me.

After looking into Wesco, I noticed in the Standard Features part of their site there's this picture:

This shows the steel shank and arch support, similar to cowboy boots. As the heel height goes up, the arch support likely increases. That has been my experience, at least. I have cowboy boots with amazing arch support, so that's where my thinking on this issue comes from.

My Jobmasters arrived! Right on time, actually a week before expected.

I am very happy with them...solid...good leather...I am a 10.5 C, boots are 10.5 C...fit well...but definitely made to accommodate thick socks. If anything a touch shorter than i might prefer...next time, I might get 11 A.

These look really cool, are they Redwood?

Whirling

Reaction score
Yes, they
These look really cool, are they Redwood?

Yeah, they are...it's a rather intense color...I like the boots; they're excellent quality.

They have more toe spring than my White's, Nick's, or Vibergs, which I think is a good thing...

I am a little bummed about the sizing...for which I only have myself to blame...I am a 10.5 C on a Brannock...White's, Viberg, and Nick's, I am about a 10 B or C. These 10.5 C Wescos are generous on width and, honestly, too short by at least a half size. I tried on some stock Wesco Boss boots at a local retailer and debated between a 10 and 10.5 in them, but knew I needed a narrower size. I am now thinking the Boss last must have noticeably more toe room than the Jobmaster...again, I just have myself to blame...I was cheap and lazy, trying to save the $99 on having Wesco custom fit me. As it is, my conservative advice would appear to be, in the Jobmaster, if you are lazy and cheap like me, to go a full size over Brannock and two widths down...but, even as I type it, it sounds a bit ridiculous, so my real advice is just go through the formal custom sizing.

Also, I wouldn't say there was anything so special about the Wesco, that I would recommend switching to them from White's, Nick's, or Viberg, unless you had a good reason. They are all fairly equivalent quality, as far as I can tell.

PaintSplattered

Reaction score
Yes, they
Yeah, they are...it's a rather intense color...I like the boots; they're excellent quality.

They have more toe spring than my White's, Nick's, or Vibergs, which I think is a good thing...

I am a little bummed about the sizing...for which I only have myself to blame...I am a 10.5 C on a Brannock...White's, Viberg, and Nick's, I am about a 10 B or C. These 10.5 C Wescos are generous on width and, honestly, too short by at least a half size. I tried on some stock Wesco Boss boots at a local retailer and debated between a 10 and 10.5 in them, but knew I needed a narrower size. I am now thinking the Boss last must have noticeably more toe room than the Jobmaster...again, I just have myself to blame...I was cheap and lazy, trying to save the $99 on having Wesco custom fit me. As it is, my conservative advice would appear to be, in the Jobmaster, if you are lazy and cheap like me, to go a full size over Brannock and two widths down...but, even as I type it, it sounds a bit ridiculous, so my real advice is just go through the formal custom sizing.

Also, I wouldn't say there was anything so special about the Wesco, that I would recommend switching to them from White's, Nick's, or Viberg, unless you had a good reason. They are all fairly equivalent quality, as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the advice! Very helpful.

Kevin K

Reaction score
Guys Im trying to sell my wesco boots. I got them and they are too big.. 655 full price but ill let them go for 400 USD.
I wore it for 2 hours.. Someone give me some tips on how or where to sell it?
9.5d US Veg tan.
6uoa3xc.jpg
lYQiuet.jpg
Qjruofe.jpg

gte872h

Reaction score
1824EA3A-2751-41C4-8F55-299FB9322396.jpeg
Hoping to revive this thread. Wesco has been putting out a lot of great makeups lately and I think there should be more activity on SF.

I was thinking about a custom Wesco makeup the past couple of years. I’ve read a lot of discrepancies on sizing for Wesco. Since I do not live near any stockists, I ordered a stock pair of Jobmasters through Kyle at Baker’s boots for a try on. I love these so much that I won’t be sending them back. The fit is perfect. I went TTS after sizing down too much in the past with a couple of Vibergs. The Jobmasters are size 11 E and I’m a size 10 in Viberg. Thanks to @Whirling wherever you are, since you’ve been MIA the past couple of years. Since we are the same length in Viberg, your review helped me from only going a half size up from Viberg.

rio

Reaction score
Is there no more Wesco boot owners, I would love to see more from this company.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads