• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots!

mlwdp

Reaction score
Width D. I have the Boss in 9165 width D and it fits like the MP in width E except not close on the top of feet, plenty of room. It really depends on what sole you’re getting. If you’re getting a wedge sole, I would recommend width E. Source: have owned 3 Boss models in MP and 9165 last.

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Width D. I have the Boss in 9165 width D and it fits like the MP in width E except not close on the top of feet, plenty of room. It really depends on what sole you’re getting. If you’re getting a wedge sole, I would recommend width E. Source: have owned 3 Boss models in MP and 9165 last.

This is very helpful thank you. I have a pair of 9109 Boss on wedge 8.5E that fit well but I have to remove the insoles and they have unstructured toes so it doesn't bother me when my feet bump the front. I sized up to 9E on my next pair to get some room, 9E should fit similar to 9.5D?

mlwdp

Reaction score
Black Chromexcel
7D9A650F-BFEF-49FF-929C-B3622E7479D6.jpeg

brunell

Reaction score
I would like to buy a jobmaster but I'm undecided on the size, I wear 8.5D in Red wing 23 last (narrow in width with thick socks) and 8EE in iron ranger. I found a jobmaster in size 9D at a good price. Do you think it's too big?

mlwdp

Reaction score
Yes they’re probably too big. Need to have yourself measured respectfully. Nearest Red Wing store should measure your feet. Whatever the true size is, that should be your custom size in Wesco. (I measured in size 6 feet but wear size 7 in shoes, 6 in Wesco).

brunell

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, unfortunately there isn't a Red Wing shop in Italy that carries out measurements on brannock, however taking the measurements alone I would be a 9

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to post this here in case it helps anyone in the future.

I measure a 7.5C on the brannock HTT, appx. 8.5-9B HTB. I've been described as low volume, high instep. I talked to Kyle from Bakers a couple times who (from the tracings) said I was 6.5C but EE-EEE for my instep.

For GYW boots I own lots of pairs of AE, all consistently 7D, with varying fits but definitely optimal size. I own something like 10 pairs (?) of GS, all 6.5D, on the Leo & UK lasts. Haven't tried the Floyd.

Alden I am basically a 7D with the exception of the Van, Modified, Barrie & Trubalance, on which I'm a 6.5D.

I own a RW Beckman and with a RW branded insole I wear a 7D. I've tried the moc toe and a 6.5D (and 6.5E) was too short. The IR I was a 6.5D.

I own one pair of Whites on the 55 last - with insole I'm wearing a 7D and it's probably about 0.25 sizes too long but very comfortable. I also own a Cykel in 7D; I don't think I could pull the 6.5D on my foot due to my instep; with the 7D I had to pull the insole out of my right boot as it was too tight but with it in the left and not in the right, this pair fits very well.

I had previously bought a Boss on the MP 1339 in a 7E in unlined burgundy domane - with the wesco branded insole the length was basically perfect, the instep was pretty good, width was ok, the only complaint I would have is the large heelcup and maybe a little more heel slip than I would like (basically I have none in the Cykel).

Just took possession of a Hendrik on the MP 1339, also 7E. Very similar to the Boss; length and width are good, large heelcup. Luckily I had some leftover insoles from AE; replacing the Wesco insoles with the AE insoles took care of the heel cup issue and they're basically perfect now.

Tldr - I'm basically going from 7.5 to 7. I've read lots of stories about people sizing down a full length on these; that just sounds insane to me. Regardless of the width and heelcup and anything else, if I sized down to a 6.5 I'd either not be able to get them on or I'd be ripping a hole through the toebox. I also don't understand people saying they're wearing these long-term with no insole; the footbed is unfinished leather with nail heads showing through. Bottom line is I wouldn't recommend doing this.

I was told by multiple sources to go with 7D on the 9165 and 9109, but down to 6.5D on the 65 last due to the lowered heel profile running wider.

I think if I were to try a Whites on the 55 or 4811 without the insole or a Nicks on the 67 or 55, I might try a 6.5D.

Hope this helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads