• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots!

theofficialhung

Reaction score
I have a pair of Morrisons I ordered off the old Seconds page a good 6 or 7 years ago. I never noticed any heel slip. I'd say if you normally don't notice much heel slip in pull-on boots in the correct size, the Morrison shouldn't be any more prone to slipping.

But of course that is your decision. I'm just relaying my experience.

I've heard other people claim this. I have a pair of 7500 engineers on MP1339 last in 8.5E. They would be unwearable if they had celastic toe, the fit is perfect in this regard I guess and I still have to tie down the instep strap 1 notch down.

The instep strap isn't really functional imo

Definitely not my experience for the reasons stated above. I have a pair of Wesco Boss on the bubble toe last size 8.5E. I have to tighten the strap down 1 notch and I've started doing 2 notches down (down to the 2nd to last hole) and there is still some slight heel slip. My correct size is probably 9D but even then I would probably have to tighten the strap down a notch.

andy b.

Reaction score
For myself, I generally wear a heavier over the calf sock with the pull on boots. This may be part of the reason why I don't usually experience heel slip. The extra sock volume probably helps keep my foot in place.

I never found the strap to have much affect, but I never tightened it down because I haven't had to.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever ordered a custom packer through Baker's and had the western toe swapped for an MP toe? It's not a listed option so I'm not sure if they'd do that (or what the upcharge might be).

Kkibbey23

Reaction score
My new build came today. Ordered in January, really happy with how they turned out. May enter them as a second pair in the thunderdome late entry.

Build was-
8 inch
Boss toe- bump toe last
Unstructured toe
Burlap
4014 vibram
Single mid sole with half slip
Double outsole stitch
Mr. Lou shaft

Attachments

• 8B65DA51-1CD6-49F3-BD7E-C468F4AA6FE5.jpeg
    8B65DA51-1CD6-49F3-BD7E-C468F4AA6FE5.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 64
  • 704F2EFB-1791-48CC-91A0-B88D683C8052.jpeg
    704F2EFB-1791-48CC-91A0-B88D683C8052.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 24F2701C-7047-4942-AE31-5C46578D3AF7.jpeg
    24F2701C-7047-4942-AE31-5C46578D3AF7.jpeg
    358.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 365D14D0-8A3F-4F01-8EA2-A0D5578AEF3C.jpeg
    365D14D0-8A3F-4F01-8EA2-A0D5578AEF3C.jpeg
    265.4 KB · Views: 317

theofficialhung

Reaction score
My new build came today. Ordered in January, really happy with how they turned out. NoMay enter them as a second pair in the thunderdome late entry.

Build was-
8 inch
Boss toe- bump toe last
Unstructured toe
Burlap
4014 vibram
Single mid sole with half slip
Double outsole stitch
Mr. Lou shaft
God damn these are so sick. Congrats on them finally coming in I remember when you were asking about my build, I love the way yours came out looks like your clicking is better than mine. You should definitely dome them!

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever ordered a custom packer through Baker's and had the western toe swapped for an MP toe? It's not a listed option so I'm not sure if they'd do that (or what the upcharge might be).

Answered my own question by asking Baker's. I'm not sure if they won't switch to an MP toe on a packer in general, but I was told that the 1339 MP toe-last only goes up to a narrow E width so won't work for my feet, and was steered away from getting a standard packer-lasted boot as it doesn't have much toe room, which won't work for my duck feet.

andy b.

Reaction score
I just meant I think the Hendrik is defined as having a toecap.

For the custom builds they shouldn't even use a model name because it gets confusing once you start adding or deleting items that define a certain model.

I mean technically you can build a Morrison on the MP last, which is just a Boss without an arch strap. See what I mean? LOL

theofficialhung

Reaction score
If my Mr. Lou (MP1339) size is 9.5E, what is the equivalent size in the regular Boss (9165 or 9109)?

Wesco told me to take the same size 9.5E but I thought the MP1339 runs narrow and E width really fits more like a standard D width. Do the 9165/9109 also run narrow?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics