• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are white leather boots more likely to scuff/look bad with wear?

Alozano

Reaction score
I saw this really beautiful pair of white leather boots by YSL: vassili zipped boots in smooth leather

I do worry about the color though. I currently have a pair of the YSL Harness boots, and they've held up really well so far, but they're black. For anyone here who has a pair of white boots, do you find they hold up well and still look good even after being worn for a while and all that? Or do they get scuffed and messed up real easily? My fear is them being white means they're gonna look worse faster, and not hold up as well visually as a pair of black boots would, or is this fear unfounded? I've always heard this said about white sneakers for instance, that they generally show wear worse than black shoes, and scuff and get dirty much more easily.

bobby jonathan

Reaction score
the are more likely, to look gaudy, unless scratched than, they look like a run down boot for a male prostitute.

bobby jonathan

Leiker

Reaction score
I don't think they're more likely to scuff, but scuffs will be more noticeable. If I had those boots I'd save them for occasions where I'm going to be mainly indoors with less opportunities to scuff them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads