• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
^^
laugh.gif
My favorite line is "sometimes lady luck is a hooker and you're all out of cash". I wish I had the chance to use it more often.

Originally Posted by XenoX101
Not that I have anything against dramatic changes, but there are aspects that are integral to any series and should never be drastically changed lest you want to simply cash in on the franchise's name cache (which is exactly what I think this is).

I think you're right. I guess we all know who killed Max's wife and baby now, but I didn't see a need to abandon the storyline. If Max Payne 3 lacks elements of film noir then I will consider the franchise torpedoed.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my favourite quotes from Max Payne was from #2. "The illusion comes afterwards, when you ask 'Why me?' and 'What if?'. When you look back and see the branches, like a pruned bonsai tree, or forked lightning. If you had done something differently, it wouldn't be you. It would be someone else looking back, asking a different set of questions."

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen any good deals on Xbox 360 Arcades or the Elite Spring bundle? Looking to convert back from PS3...

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Anyone seen any good deals on Xbox 360 Arcades or the Elite Spring bundle? Looking to convert back from PS3...

One word, Final Fight.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
One word, Final Fight.

Haha thanks, but I mean the console itself. Def gonna jump on the retro games once I find a 360 to play them with.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I think i'm going to buy modern warfar 2 tomorrow. Anyone else here have it on xboxlive? Never played it or the other call of duty games before so will be interesting.

You should go to the "Cod5." thread. Everyone there plays on XBLA, they could help you out.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I'm playing Commandos at the moment. *******'s hard.

1 or 2?

You mean the old pc game right? or did they make a new one

2 was disappointingly easy. 1 was great. I only got seriously stuck in one level but it took a while.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 at the moment. I'm thoroughly enjoying it though I'm cringing at the thought of completing mission 4 (just started it), the one where you have to blow up the HQ, the map is huge and the hardest - and not surprisingly the most interesting - part about it is figuring out which way to navigate through it.

They did make Commandos 3 though it was apparently a bit more cookie cutter and only 10 missions long, though still somewhat enjoyable. Then they made a marsupialed FPS that failed terribly. There's going to be a new Commandos coming out though that goes back to the original winning formula.

I'm also going to be playing the original X-COM games too if I enjoy the Commandos series enough, they don't make games like they used to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads