• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TV Show Recommendation?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow. I just finished the orignal Danish version of The Killing.

I had planned to stop watching after the first crime (partially because I didn't want to watch more TV and partially because the BBC hasn't aired their subtitles yet and won't until the fall). But the series was *so* good and they stuck a teaser for the 2nd crime (which I think is only 10 episodes long instead of 20) and now I feel absolutely compelled to watch it.

Find the BBC rips of Forbrydelsen and watch it...totally worth it.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes
Hustle (BBM London - Great show)

Forgot about this one...great show. Almost always a self-contained episode with a con or heist. Seasons are short so it is easy to try out.

Season 3 episode 1 always sticks in my mind as a great episode if you only want to try it out.

As with most shows, it sort of drags as it goes on and they run out of material. The first three seasons are *solid*. Season 4 throws in a casting change but is still good IIRC while seasons 5-7 have additional casting changes and are not bad but some of the cons start to get predictable (if you watch the seasons back to back instead of with a year in between...).

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Wow. I just finished the orignal Danish version of The Killing. I had planned to stop watching after the first crime (partially because I didn't want to watch more TV and partially because the BBC hasn't aired their subtitles yet and won't until the fall). But the series was *so* good and they stuck a teaser for the 2nd crime (which I think is only 10 episodes long instead of 20) and now I feel absolutely compelled to watch it. Find the BBC rips of Forbrydelsen and watch it...totally worth it.
I just started watching The Killing. Is it worth it to watch the Danish version instead? Or as well?

Pinhas

Reaction score
Here are some I dont think were naned:

Sons of Anarchy
Better Off Ted
Party Down
Jericho

+1000 on Luther

(all these are on Netflix BTW)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I just started watching The Killing. Is it worth it to watch the Danish version instead? Or as well?

I have not seen the AMC one but from the discussion in the thread here, it sounds like there are a few complaints about it that I did not have about the danish one.

The danish one with BBC subtitles is *very* good. It was beating out Mad Men for viewership when it was airing in the UK and the second crime will be airing this fall. So if you watch the danish one, you will be able to watch all of the first crime now and all of the second crime later this year...if AMC splits the season, you will get half of the first crime now, the second half some time from now, and the second crime a year after that...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member