• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TV Show Recommendation?

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ShaunHWright
Awesome list!
worship.gif
The I.T. Crowd should DEFINITELY be in the must watch list! Hilarious stuff!

Yeah, I guess! I would give it a high honourable mention/low A- (I still can't decide). It's obviously funny, but the show, as a whole, is a little weak. Thanks, btw! There is a lot more I could put in there (I would count anything, from the 00's/that crosses over into the 00's, new), but they would be obvious, such as: The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The X-Files, The Simpsons, Friends, Fraiser, The Royle Family, Freaks and Geeks, The West Wing, The Office (U.K. only, please), Desperate Housewives, Lost, Sex and the City (yes, I think it is a well-made show!), Scrubs, The Daily Show, South Park, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Malcolm in the Middle, My Name Is Earl, The Big Bang Theory, Survivor, 24, MythBusters, Spaced, The Shield, Little Britain, Samurai Champloo. OK, so some of those weren't obvious!
tounge.gif

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Forbrydelsen - the Danish original that AMC's The Killing is based on.

You can find the BBC version with subtitles floating around the internet and it is *really* good (at least the first 20 episodes that comprise the first crime...I dunno where it goes after that). I would definitely find the BBC airing since I don't think the other subtitles are very good.

JustChris

Reaction score
Can't remember if it was already mentioned, but definitely check out Firefly.

And why no love for Battlestar Galactica? At the very least, the first season was amazing. The last season or two went a bit sideways, I'll concede.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I've actually seen some Battlestar Galactica (my mother is a fan), but I couldn't get into it. It falls into a big group of sci-fi and fantasy shows that have a severe lack of verisimilitude, and that stops me from being able to enjoy it.

Anyone seen Luther?

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I've actually seen some Battlestar Galactica (my mother is a fan), but I couldn't get into it. It falls into a big group of sci-fi and fantasy shows that have a severe lack of verisimilitude, and that stops me from being able to enjoy it.

It's just cheesy, imo. Bad direction, bad plot, and bad acting (aside from Edward James Olmos).

djlukin

Reaction score
Weeds- fun and easy to watch. Peaks in seasons 3-4. Short quick episodes, definitely good to watch before bed.

The Office- best sitcom of the last decade. Best since Seinfeld. Fun, easy to get into.

Dexter- intensely emotional, but well done. Graphic at times.

24- Love it. Suspenseful and action packed. All seasons on Netflix.

Calfornication- Hilariously funny and inappropriate. Also emotionally deep.

Spartacus- brutally violent and very sexual. With that said, it is great and overcomes these things.

Game of Thrones- on right now.. worth catching up.

Just a few to consider. Definitely invest in Netflix... one of the best investments you can make.

JYanalunas

Reaction score
My favorite show ever is Arrested Development.

If you have Netflix and can get a hold of Greg The Bunny, I'd recommend that. FOX canceled it bcuz it was too lewd, but what a show.

Other than that, ill second Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia (although a couple of the characters grow tiresome after a while)....and if you want something that's commitment free and you can jump into, Tosh.0 is brilliant as is new comedy Jon Benjamin has a Van

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I've actually seen some Battlestar Galactica (my mother is a fan), but I couldn't get into it. It falls into a big group of sci-fi and fantasy shows that have a severe lack of verisimilitude, and that stops me from being able to enjoy it. Anyone seen Luther?
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
i liked it. there is supposed to be a second season.
Luther was very good and highly recommended. Second season is out on torrents now.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what i like

breaking bad
mad men
dexter
the good wife
how i met yor mother, earlier seasons

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure someone has mentioned Spaced, but definitely check it out. One of the best British sitcoms ever. Peep Show is great too, especially seasons 3 and 4, although if you think the UK Office is too uncomfortable you should stay away. There's definitely some squirm inducing moments.

gauche.story

Reaction score
Just saw Jon Benjamin Has a Van. Super funny. I can't wait until the 2nd ep premieres tonight.

Parks and Rec is my favorite show right now. It is hilarious, and it has lots of heart.

I am mowing through The Larry Sanders Show. So good.

Arrested Development was great, but not as great as I thought it would be (I came super late to this party).

-----
Anyone here been keeping up on the new Farrell office?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The episode with Mark's bachelor party made me laugh as much as any episode of television ever. I do wish that BBC America would show something other than the same 8 episodes over and over again though.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member