• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To pierce or not to pierce...that is the question

Pierce or Not Pierce?

• Not appropriate for conversative suit & tie or any business environment (casual or bus. casual?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small, subtle and quiet - you can get away with in a conservative environment?

• Do what you want, and don't care about what other's think or the impressions you make?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BootsCanada

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I have styling question....and more important a presentation question. In my late teens and early 20's I actually had both my ears pierced, and they were pierced for a decade, back in the day I use to wear small hoops. Now in my mid-40's.....after the holes closed up, I'm going through a re-invention of myself. I'm considering small tunnel plugs. If I went for a septum....it can easily be hidden by putting a keeper in and flipping it up. But my position although in a union environment, is conservative by nature, and uniformed. There is no policy regarding ear jewelery for men, save that it be tasteful and NOT loud. I have a large voice and personality, so I don't need visual loud. The question I'm asking...is what type of message does it send.....in any given variance of environments. If I was in suit & tie business meeting environment - conservative by nature, to more liberal computer field, where business casual to casual, to even celebrations...provided are couple of pictures to indicate the size of what i'm talking about, the plug itself can be change in color and so on, but I was curious what people's opinion might be, when they meet someone with this style of piercing. (I don't mean the really large 2 inch diameter stuff) - the challenge is there will be a wide ranging opinion, and that's what I'm looking for, from all walk of life, from white collar lawyers / ceo's / company owners right through to blue collar carpenters / plumbers / truckers to artistic / creative / thinking individuals. The reason...I cross through alot of these environments, i have the ability to be comfortable in all of them. Its also a changing world...but how much change...years ago, only rebels pierced their ears. LOLOL.

Thanks for your opinions.
Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 10.20.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 10.20.11 AM.png

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Definitely pierce them. Then pierce ********** and your Butthole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads