• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really enjoy cold rice.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really enjoy cold beer.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:drool:

I love, love, love the juicy crunchiness of guanciale in a carbonara.

Last edited:

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went down to the neighborhood bar for wine night tonight, and as the night winded down, the bartender told one of the other patrons that I am a big bourbon fan and asked if he could give me a pour. At this point I didn't know what he was talking about, but the other patron said yes and the bartender pulled out a bottle in a red felt bag. I found out that the bartender had recently helped the other patron acquire a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr, and I was about to get a free pour. Amazing is the only word I can use to describe it. I'll be putting my name on the wait list tomorrow.

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
omg. free pour? last time i tried i think i paid 40 for a shot

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

omg. free pour? last time i tried i think i paid 40 for a shot

its $20 a shot here. Or at least was at this place that went out of business.

I could eat these li'l ***** all day erryday. (directly and personally imported from Paris#humblebrag).

mljones99

Reaction score
ever since I got a smoker last year anything and everything smoked puts a smile on my face.

as a native Texan living in NC I have a hard time getting the BBQ that I grew up on. Now I can have it all the time. NC "bbq" is just not good except for a couple joints in Lexington. in my opinion of course.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

as a native Texan living in NC I have a hard time getting the BBQ that I grew up on.

That's because Texas "BBQ" sucks and all the styles in the SE U.S. are infinitely better (never had Kentucky's venison-based version, however).

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's because Texas "BBQ" sucks and all the styles in the SE U.S. are infinitely better (never had Kentucky's venison-based version, however).

you are dead to me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ever since I got a smoker last year anything and everything smoked puts a smile on my face.

as a native Texan living in NC I have a hard time getting the BBQ that I grew up on. Now I can have it all the time. NC "bbq" is just not good except for a couple joints in Lexington. in my opinion of course.

I did the flip...moved from Charlotte to Austin in 92. For my last meal it would be toss up between the lexington #1 tray of pork and slaw with hushpuppies washed down with atomically sweet tea or brisket on white bread with pickles, onions, sauce and a big red. They are both awesome and in time you'll appreciate them both. However, as a stand alone smoked meat ***** brisket is KING.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads