• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Worst WAYWT Thread

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Naw style forum. The people there are so stuck up, so it really doesn't bother me. example "I don't trust shoes that retail under $500" Not to mention nearly 90% of the people in their waywt would get flamed to death over here, so it all balances out EDIT: Heres the latest two pics of the guys that are the main ones flaming me. I thought the second guy was a girl lol. It was the second guy that said the thing about the shoes. Keep in mind both of these guys probably paid around 3k to upwards of 5k for the outfits their wearing. Also, Im not going to post their pics out of privacy, but their linked if you wanna click them. http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...04-08_1258.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3094/...939dda4bed.jpg

Tcameron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by modagg
Right, they seem to be concerned with things like fit and getting good deals (remind you of another site?) and don't seem to want to look like billboards (how most "stylish" teens dress). For a bunch of hs kids, I'm impressed.

Understood, but I shudder any time I see gradient sunglasses. I understand they may be coming into their own style as teens, even though arguably some look older and in their mid-20s, and I can respect them for turning their shoulders to AE, A&F, Hollister, etc.

At least it's one foot in the right direction, even if clad in a super square toe Steve Madden loafer.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
LK never said shoes under $500 retail are trash, just that he personally didn't trust him since he is able to purchase shoes over that mark.

Haha. That blog is trash. It's like a less thought out GQ/Details/Esquire thing with even lamer clothes. Anything that on the first page has a link to a yesstyle type site, a boring/baggy revolve.com sweater, and an entry about shirts that rock being normal eason fitting button ups with embrodiary on one shoulder can't be good.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After reading the title, I was expecting my WAYWT contributions to be re-posted here. lol.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LooseChange
1244906059_c3112e372c.jpg

And the women come running.

Seriously though, there's a lot of ideas behind that "peacocking" thing. Just my two cents; don't miss out on reading the articles on the blog just because the forums are ummm, not up to par.

peacocking is real **** yo. you just don't need to dedicate an entire forum to it. anything cool or hip thats out of the norm that you can wear, you can use to peacock. it seperates you from the rest of the crowd, can be a conversational piece.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
stazy- There's still time
devil.gif
Peacoking is fine toned down i guess. I mean, just dressing well and a bit different from the norm works. ****, i get girls asking me about my grey suede OC shoes all the time when i wear them. I said it in the other thread, but that cloak mesh sweater i had was a ******* chick MAGNET. Girls who didn't know wanted to touch it, and this 1 girl who did know what it was gave me her number.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about silver high tops

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
devil.gif

Hey buddy, at least I don't roll my pants up like a girl.
laugh.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Pretty nice suit there, too bad it's only like three sizes too big. But I think it might work, if he's going for that ghetto (rapper) businessman look :Smile:
Wow, that Matt Weezy guy just looks really sloppy Confused Why would anyone pay 3-5k to look like ****?
(I think they're talking about jet)

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
the basis of their community is creepy as ****

smoothie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
devil.gif

Peacoking is fine toned down i guess. I mean, just dressing well and a bit different from the norm works. ****, i get girls asking me about my grey suede OC shoes all the time when i wear them. I said it in the other thread, but that cloak mesh sweater i had was a ******* chick MAGNET. Girls who didn't know wanted to touch it, and this 1 girl who did know what it was gave me her number.

youhave a picture?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow kinowear.com's WAYWT is next level Epic Fail.

I don't understand why they are so proud of looking... completely mediocre (at best).

Lysol

Reaction score
I'm not about to start making fun of high school kids -- most of us are likely very thankful that message boards weren't as abundant in the early 90's -- but this site has provided hours of amusement on a rather slow day at work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads