• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
anyway, if you are really this lanky, work to minimize that.

alternatively, embrace that **** and use your lanky build to make bizarre silhouettes. Would require more steez/swag/sprezz/whatever, though.

dsoren

Reaction score
the picture quality is improving. you can't post anything unless the quality is up to snuff.
basically, your clothing fits in a way that makes you look like shaggy from scooby doo. look at that weird concave aspect in the knees. i don't know whats going on here. anyway, if you are really this lanky, work to minimize that.

I think that the fit of these jeans just suck for me. They are too tapered. Agreed? I am lanky, but don't thing these jeans are helping. I paid $225 for them primarily because of the brand, and think I just made a bad call. I think my Left Field slim straights fit much better. May just try to sell these on B&S, have only had them a month or so.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren
I think that the fit of these jeans just suck for me. They are too tapered. Agreed? I am lanky, but don't thing these jeans are helping. I paid $225 for them primarily because of the brand, and think I just made a bad call. I think my Left Field slim straights fit much better. May just try to sell these on B&S, have only had them a month or so.

What is your height/weight and waist size?

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the picture quality is improving. you can't post anything unless the quality is up to snuff.
basically, your clothing fits in a way that makes you look like shaggy from scooby doo. look at that weird concave aspect in the knees. i don't know whats going on here. anyway, if you are really this lanky, work to minimize that.

The bigger problem is that his clothes are boring.

Tip to that poster: just lurk more. Post again in 4-6 months.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
maybe i should have looked for white scarf and bball court

nice knit

Originally Posted by cowsareforeating

Fail scarf knot I'm aware
redface.gif
( pointers plz on that among others

do people dress like this in San Diego? I thought it was always 82 degrees.

don't like shoes.

Originally Posted by dsoren
Same fit; just decided to take some advice and upload a better pic.

It probably won't change your mind on the fit, but it may help you identify specific problems that you can inform me of.

I used to get that bizzaro knee crimp thing in some of my jeans, which is why I sold them off.

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
What is your height/weight and waist size?
I am just under 6'0 and weigh 145. Waist size is a 29. Inseam is approx 32." While I'm lanky, I'm not uncommonly lanky, if that makes any sense. Below is the same shirt and shoes paired with J. Crew 484 Slim Cords. I realize they aren't the best pants in the world, and don't look the best with this outfit. I just think that these fit me better - yes? no?
img0628d.jpg
P.S. - thanks for the advice guys!

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
nice knit do people dress like this in San Diego? I thought it was always 82 degrees. don't like shoes. .
i think you'd like the shoes if you saw them in person? maybe crepe soles throwing it off. the lighting makes em look poor. They're yuketen boots although duly noted ill reevaluate. and no people in SD dress like absolute garbage. and it was low 50's high 40's today :[
i like your face
yeahhhhhh something was in my eye.. or maybe thats just my face

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
2010-12-30%2011.56.36.jpg

Fail scarf knot I'm aware
redface.gif
( pointers plz on that among others

J. Crew Scarf? I have the same one if so...

I like the fit. Don't love the shoes, although I may not have a ton of room to critique - but that is just my two cents.

As far as scarf knots, I like the Persian Knot for warmth - Fold the scarf in half, wrap around, and pull through loop. I am also a big fan of mellow's wrap around/tuck in sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads