• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LONDON SUPER TRUNK SHOW - MAY 13TH 2017 - HOSTED BY THE SHOE SNOB AND SHOEGAZING

ThomGault

Reaction score
I was told purchases at the show weren't eligible for VAT refunds for non-eu customers. Is that accurate, or did I lose out on 20% back?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would have been a good showcase for Carmina. Or do they already stock in London?

The Wardrobe Wimbledon will be stocking Carmina later this summer.

That was a great event, by the way, even though I only arrived later in the evening just after 6. We were trying to listen in on the panel discussion but sadly we couldn't hear a thing and I'm awful at reading lips!

KayJay85

Reaction score
Thanks all for the info re Carmina
I picked up some great summer shoes from Super Trunk (woven leather Rimbaud from Barbarena)

Thanks for hosting!

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! amazing event:fonz:

Wonderful event. I had a great time.
I hope you plan to organize a similar event in NYC.

Thanks all for the info re Carmina
I picked up some great summer shoes from Super Trunk (woven leather Rimbaud from Barbarena)

Thanks for hosting!

Thanks for the kind words! Happy you came, and enjoyed it. Regarding NYC, we'll see, talked about it but so much that needs to work out for it to happen.

The Wardrobe Wimbledon will be stocking Carmina later this summer.

That was a great event, by the way, even though I only arrived later in the evening just after 6. We were trying to listen in on the panel discussion but sadly we couldn't hear a thing and I'm awful at reading lips!

Thanks! Yes, that was one of the problems we had, with the sound at the stage sessions. Couldn't turn the volume up too much since that caused distortion, the speakers weren't ideal. Sorry that you further back had problems hearing.

I was told purchases at the show weren't eligible for VAT refunds for non-eu customers. Is that accurate, or did I lose out on 20% back?

It varied between exhibitors, but know that many didn't deduct VAT, think it had something to do with the event not being in their home country.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are very proud to announce the first World Championships in Shoemaking, organised by Shoegazing and The Shoe Snob, in collaboration with Kirby Allison’s Hanger Project. The final takes place during the London Super Trunk Show on April 7 2018. In the prize pool is £6,000 (€6,700 / $8,000), plus all podium placed shoes will be exhibited at the Isetan Men's department store in Tokyo, and at other stores in various locations around the world. One fully handmade black cap toe oxford with single leather sole is to be made, and the criteria that will be judged are the degree of difficulty and the execution of the making, but also the overall design/aesthetics. We hope that both large, well-established firms and lesser-known one man operations will participate. Read all about the World Championships in Shoemaking, and how to enter, here. And please spread the word!

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
London Banner 2018 Facebook.jpg

We are very happy to once again invite you to the world’s largest open event for classic shoes, the London Super Trunk Show, organized by Shoegazing and The Shoe Snob. In the middle of London on Saturday April 7 we gather more than 10 brands from all over the world, interesting partners, there will be the World Championships in Shoe Shining, and the first World Championships in Shoemaking will have it’s award ceremony and competition shoes displayed. Here you can read all the info about the event.

Schedule for the day:
0.00-11:00
Trunk show VIP opening (150 pre-registered visitors, register by e-mailing [email protected])

11:00-20:00 Trunk show open for the public, FREE OF CHARGE AND NO REGISTRATION NEEDED. Exhibitions with Barbanera, Clematis Ginza, Jsep (Kiten, Kanpekina, Matsumoto, Miyagi Kogyo), J. FitzPatrick, Mario Bemer, Myrqvist, Norman Vilalta, Paolo Scafora, The Sabot (Andrés Sendra, Antonio Meccariello, Joe Works, Yohei Fukuda) and TLB/Skolyx. Also exhibitions with the event’s main partner Saphir (shoe care) and shoemaking championships partner Master Shoemakers (book). On display are all competition shoes in the World Championships in Shoemaking.

15.00-15.30 Final of the World Championships in Shoe Shining in cooperation with Saphir, 1st prize shoes from Loake (qualification for the competition will following week)

17:30-17:50 Award ceremony for the World Championships in Shoemaking, in collaboration with Kirby Allison’s Hanger Project and Master Shoemakers. The three podium positions are presented. In the prize pool is £6,000 (€6,700 / $8,000), plus being exhibited at Isetan Men’s, Tokyo, and at other places around the world.

19.00 Event closes.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very keen to find out who joins

You mean who enters the shoemaking championships? Yeah, it's a good variety of makers, will be very interesting to see the final shoes.

New York version please ;-)

Yes we've had wishes for both that and Paris version. The main problem is to have the time, it takes a lot of work setting these up (I have the Stockholm version as well), and I have a regular full-time job and Justin runs his brand, so struggling with time. But we'll see in the future!

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
London Banner 2019 Facebook.jpg

It’s a pleasure to introduce this year’s edition of the world’s largest open event for classic shoes, the London Super Trunk Show. On Saturday March 23, literally in the heart of London at a new venue on 12 Regent Street, we gather more than 10 brands from all over the world, interesting partners, there will be the World Championships in Shoe Shining and for the first time Shoe Patina, plus the World Championships in Shoemaking will have it’s award ceremony and competition shoes displayed. Below all info about the event.

Read all about the event here.

Date: Saturday March 23 2019

Full schedule for the day:

11:00-19:00 Trunk show open for the public, FREE OF CHARGE AND NO REGISTRATION NEEDED. Exhibitions with Altan Bottier, Bolero Shoemaker, Carmina, Gaziano & Girling sample sale, J. FitzPatrick, Jsep (Miyagi Kogyo, Matsumoto, Kiten), Norman Vilalta, Project TWLV, Shoepassion/Heinrich Dinkelacker and Skolyx/TLB Mallorca. Also exhibitions with the event’s main partner Saphir (shoe care) and partner J. Hopenstand (leather belts and accessories), plus shoemaking championships partner Master Shoemakers (book). On display are all competition shoes in the World Championships in Shoemaking.

11.15-17.15 (1 hour break 14.45-15.45) Final of the World Championships in Shoe Patina in collaboration with Saphir, 1st prize shoes from Skolyx/TLB Mallorca (qualification for the competition will open within a few days).

15.00-15.30 Final of the World Championships in Shoe Shining in cooperation with Saphir, 1st prize shoes from Loake (qualification for the competition will open within a few days).

17:30-17:50 Award ceremony for the World Championships in Shoemaking, in collaboration with Kirby Allison’s Hanger Project and Master Shoemakers. The top ten including the three podium positions are presented. In the prize pool is £6,000 (€6,700 / $7,800), plus being exhibited at Isetan Men’s, Tokyo, and at other places around the world.

19.00 Event closes.

Here’s the Facebook event page where you’ll get all the latest updates can be found here. We appreciate any help with spreading the word about the event! The hashtag used before, during and after the event in social media is #supertrunk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads