• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

astrobuoy

Reaction score
View attachment 2151235

Thoughts on mock collar rugbies over regular rugbies?

Versatility? Practicality? Quality?
I look at these sometimes but I worry that they'd be too limiting to justify the purchase. I sometimes wear rugbies (even collared ones) with my own collared shirts underneath them, and it makes more sense to me to have control over the color/pattern I'm pairing things with.

I thought the Drake's AW23 lookbook had some great inspo for collared shirt, collared rugby pairings.

woO

Reaction score
What is your all time “grail” Drakes piece you have/wish to own?
That I wish but wouldn't necessarily *need* or that I'm not sure are cut for me: their fluffy chalkstripe flannel suits, and some coats (donegal tweed raglan, teddy polo-coat, …).

That I regret not buying: the complete collection of japanese heavy linen chores.

The B.

Reaction score
T
It’s not something exclusive to Drake’s, it’s a collaboration with RMF, but I wish I could get my hands to one of the Mountain Parkas from 2022 spring/summer catalog.
The one in the picture.
IMG_9824.jpeg

tipitai

Reaction score
3 submissions:
1. rust suede chore
2. Cashmere shawl collar cardigan - I have the six ply (I think?) lambswool, but it's just not as soft as the cashmere
3. Linen wool bleand light brown coloured PoW check odd jacket (before the games series - I believe this was S/S 2017 or 2018). It was brilliant and I need to get around to making a MTO purchase

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
T

It’s not something exclusive to Drake’s, it’s a collaboration with RMF, but I wish I could get my hands to one of the Mountain Parkas from 2022 spring/summer catalog.
The one in the picture.
View attachment 2151345
Beautiful! Do you know any outerwear with similar appearance? It sort of looks like an M65?

As to holy grail, mine is nothing remarkable, merely a games blazer in heavy twill or the herringbone 😀

htinlinn

Reaction score
I was looking to try out the navy casentino fleece a couple of months ago, but, they weren’t available this past season.

As discussed a few weeks back, I’d buy a linen overshirt (preferably in navy with safari jacket-style pockets) if it was offered today.

Another on my list is the LEJ x Drake’s work shirt in racing green from a few years back.

feijaocozido

Reaction score
If you go on the drakes Korea website. They had them loaded up on the site. They’re sold out. Not sure if they ever actually sold them. But I was bummed nonetheless at the idea that these were available at one point.
What is the link? Or do you just change the country at the bottom of the Drakes.com site?

Kid_Icarus

Reaction score
I was looking to try out the navy casentino fleece a couple of months ago, but, they weren’t available this past season.

As discussed a few weeks back, I’d buy a linen overshirt (preferably in navy with safari jacket-style pockets) if it was offered today.

Another on my list is the LEJ x Drake’s work shirt in racing green from a few years back.
You can get that overshirt easily through their MTO program. They can modify the length of their house block too if you want.

astrobuoy

Reaction score
That LEJ x Drake's shirt is similarly on my list. I've seen (and have) the khaki version (I love LEJ's shirts fwiw), but I've never seen the others from that collab come up

nachobarro

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

So sad to write this, but another bad experience regarding Drake's sizing inconsistencies.

I've just received a brand new Mk. II games set (Blazer in a size 38 and games trousers in a size 34).

This is the waist measurement for a size 34 (Navy Cotton Canvas)
IMG_2789.jpeg

44cm more or less, I can accept +-1cm of error

and now a pair of Games trousers that I had in same size 34 in Heavy twill cotton which fitted me good:
IMG_2627.jpeg

around 41cm (the waist side buttons weren't buttoned), which makes more sense since I know that Drake's measurements are off and Games trousers always have fitted small, they even advice to go up 1 size. (I wear usually pants in a size 31 or 32, size 3 in orSlow fatigues and my true waist measures around 33")

This is frustrating, I really love the Suit, the material and the colour, but it's annoying to keep dealing with this things after spending 1400€.

Another return I guess... I'm contacting support first and I'll explain the situation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads