• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the blue version.
how is the sizing? Can you compare to current 38/40/42? And how is the fit compared to Drake's Chore? Is it similar fit or maybe slimmer sleeves or anything like that to be worth pointing out?

Kid_Icarus

Reaction score
how is the sizing? Can you compare to current 38/40/42? And how is the fit compared to Drake's Chore? Is it similar fit or maybe slimmer sleeves or anything like that to be worth pointing out?
I have the large and the half-chest measures 58cm. I’d say it’s a slimmer, slightly longer cut than the current chores. The arms are slimmer, since it’s from a few years ago and that’s the cut that Drake’s (and the world writ large) preferred at that time. It has shirt-sleeve-style cuffs with a functioning button. The twill is lighter and softer than the current Drake’s outerwear twill (it’s a little peachy, even). Some nice details like a striped piping at the interior seams.

nachobarro

Reaction score
I have bought the Mk II Games Suit in Cotton Canvas Navy size 38, let's see how it fits this time! The Mk. I in Heavy Twill size 38 was a tiny bit slim to my taste and didn't like how it draped on me, and the Mk. II cotton/linen in a size 40 was too big, so will see...fingers crossed.

Btw, I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for this Raing Raglan Coat in a size 38:

1710521915808-png.2149857

The one that I bought from Kaptain Sunshine is amazing and the quality and craftmanship is top notch but I'm not totally sold on the fit of it, it has a more dramatic shape and the collar is a little big for me. It has a more modern oversize fit if that makes sense.

It's another case of Drake's getting it right, maybe you can buy more cheaper things from other brands or elsewhere, but Drake's fits, shapes and attention to little details is what makes it worth for me.

Last edited:

Kid_Icarus

Reaction score
I have bought the Mk II Games Suit in Cotton Canvas Navy size 38, let's see how it fits this time! The Mk. I in Heavy Twill size 38 was a tiny bit slim to my taste and didn't like how it draped on me, and the Mk. II cotton/linen in a size 40 was too big, so will see...fingers crossed.

Btw, I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for this Raing Raglan Coat in a size 38:

1710521915808-png.2149857

The one that I bought from Kaptain Sunshine is amazing and the quality and craftmanship is top notch but I'm not totally sold on the fit of it, it has a more dramatic shape and the collar is a little big for me. It has a more modern oversize fit if that makes sense.

It's another case of Drake's getting it right, maybe you can buy more cheaper things from other brands or elsewhere, but Drake's fits, shapes and attention to little details is what makes it worth for me.

If you want another alternative you might look at the Corb models from Coherence. Perhaps a little more modern, but similar in spirit and wonderfully made and detailed.

boujeepeople

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi there.

Just a heads up our 15% off for style forum member will end midnight GMT tomorrow 17th march, so best order soon rather then later. It is 15% off all items not just Drake's but we have lots of Drake's and a few little re stocks on some items.

More drake's to come this month so stay tuned

Use code STYLEFORUM15 at checkout, worldwide shipping and we can collect taxes at checkout as well. Express shipping is with DHL

https://houseofhuntington.com/collections/all-mens-products

Take Care
Ethan

feijaocozido

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Drake's store in Seoul carries western sizes or if they are sized for the Asian market? The Drake's in Japan (before they closed) carried Japan sizes, which meant very short sleeve lengths.

C_kimlin920

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Drake's store in Seoul carries western sizes or if they are sized for the Asian market? The Drake's in Japan (before they closed) carried Japan sizes, which meant very short sleeve lengths.
I’ve tried on a few garments from the Seoul location and didn’t notice any differences.

ikoiko

Reaction score
What is your all time “grail” Drakes piece you have/wish to own?

I saw one of those staff-only Revue hats on Grailed a couple of months ago for $400, got into a fight with the seller and it disappeared. That would have been a cool one.

But really I would say anything from the St. John's collaboration, especially the cord trousers and chores.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
I saw one of those staff-only Revue hats on Grailed a couple of months ago for $400, got into a fight with the seller and it disappeared. That would have been a cool one.

But really I would say anything from the St. John's collaboration, especially the cord trousers and chores.
If you go on the drakes Korea website. They had them loaded up on the site. They’re sold out. Not sure if they ever actually sold them. But I was bummed nonetheless at the idea that these were available at one point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads