• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinpledger

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the new lookbook either. I don't really like Drake's spring or summer offerings usually. I think Drake's comes into its own in autumn and winter. Also, what's with the very short, cropped trouser legs? Why is this a thing all of a sudden? It's everywhere right now. I bought two Games suits from Drake's and was assured that a slightly shorter trouser would look great. It doesn't. I feel like I'm wearing clown trousers and there's nothing I can do! I love the blazers but I hate wearing it as a suit due to this. This was a very expensive mistake!

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
I don't find the trousers in this look book any more cropped than prior Drake's styling from the last five years or so. I personally don't care for any of their Games tailoring anyway and wish they offered more of their traditional trousers like they used to. Those have unfinished hems so you can have them tailored to your desired length and style.

Trevallon

Reaction score
Games trouser fit check. Just got these in brown heavy twill. I wish the rear rise was an inch higher. Hate my long torso.

How’s the fit though? I haven’t worn pleated pants before and I’m worried they’re not looking so great.
Looks very good, I think. May I ask, what kind of Loafers are those?

flowen

Reaction score
Looks very good, I think. May I ask, what kind of Loafers are those?
Thank you!

Loafers are Blackstock & Weber Ellis Loafer in Chocolate. I just had a protective sole put on at a cobbler and he changed the edge dressing to a deep brown instead of a black but I’m not sure how I like it. Otherwise, I’ve had them for almost two years and they have held up surprisingly well.

woO

Reaction score
I would have liked to see the forestiere jacket worn...
Michael Hill was wearing it last year at a long lunch at St. John. I remember wondering what it was because it never came in the collection.
1710005564965.jpeg

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have Drake’s x Arpenteur Work Jacket?

htinlinn

Reaction score
Speaking of forestiere jacket… If anybody is interested, ssense has it for 20 percent off it seems and even their full price is lower than Drake’s US online store.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Morning everyone!

The transitional lookbook press release says:

"Highlights include new Games tailoring in cotton-canvas, and ecru and indigo denim..." but there are no new games blazers or pants released in cotton canvas, just the Herringbone Navy and Olive Mk I (and the white and indigo denim blazers).

Looking closely at the pictures, you can see the model wearing a Navy Mk II suit in Dark Navy, and it seems to be cotton canvas or something similar. Is there a possibility the Mk. II will make a comeback? I would love to try again a Games Suit in navy, and even though the Herringbone cloth is beautiful, a like a bit more the Mk II model for an informal and casual take on suiting.

Don't want to get the Mk I now and have Mk II released in a couple of weeks hehe Nobody knows I guess, just wanted to share my thoughts. Appearing on a lookbook doesn't mean anything with Drake's, since they tend to wear items of older seasons aswell so...

We are still 2 months away from the Spring lookbook range, maybe more Games fabrics and models will show by then.

htinlinn

Reaction score
Looking closely at the pictures, you can see the model wearing a Navy Mk II suit in Dark Navy, and it seems to be cotton canvas or something similar. Is there a possibility the Mk. II will make a comeback?
Yeah. Most of the items from this lookbook aren’t available. I expect them to drop over the next couple of weeks.

jeremygo

Reaction score
anyone with pics of wearing the games trousers casually? Or do they only really work with the full suit.
I don’t have pics but have a pair of the dark brown cord games trousers and they work great with chunky knitwear, casual tailoring, and chore coats.

Because the cut is full and the fabric is HEAVY i feel it looks a little off with just an oxford or tee personally, but your mileage may vary there. If you’re in the big pants gang it may look totally fine to you, whereas I’m more big pants curious lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads