• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Vass community,

I am looking for sizing advice on F last.
I wear currently

UK 9 in
C&J 341 - perfect
Carmina Rain - little bit too long
Carmina Forest - slighty snug when new
Carmina Soller - toe box on the large side
Meermin Hiro - slighlty snug when new
Alfred Sargent 87 last - perfect fit

Uk 8.5 in C&J 325 - perfect

Thanks for any sizing advice
Cheers

43 should do you

partyof6

Reaction score
F last question: Is it normal to have a lot of 'height' in the toe box? The width of my austerity brogues feels about right especially in the waist. When I push down on the toes (where the wingtip is), however, there is a big gap/space between the shoe and the tops of my toes. I'm worried that this will cause irregular creasing.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
It might be Italian-inspired, but it's still a Hungarian last: roomy toe-box is normal, I think, and as long as it's right width-wise and holding your foot around the heel and instep, I don't see that that should be a problem.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

F last question: Is it normal to have a lot of 'height' in the toe box? The width of my austerity brogues feels about right especially in the waist. When I push down on the toes (where the wingtip is), however, there is a big gap/space between the shoe and the tops of my toes. I'm worried that this will cause irregular creasing. 

If the arch fits good then there's nothing to worry about. Welcome to one of the most classic last.

partyof6

Reaction score
It might be Italian-inspired, but it's still a Hungarian last: roomy toe-box is normal, I think, and as long as it's right width-wise and holding your foot around the heel and instep, I don't see that that should be a problem.

If the arch fits good then there's nothing to worry about. Welcome to one of the most classic last.

Thank you, gentlemen. Very much appreciate your feedback. The shoes hug my instep and heel quite comfortably, and the arch support is excellent. The latter was a welcomed surprise as I was under the assumption that that feature was only found in athletic footwear.

I've never owned dress shoes that felt so comfortable straight out of the box. My other pairs (none of which are Vass) required a break-in period, so I was worried that this was too good to be true. Glad to hear that my anxiety was unwarranted and that I should just enjoy these.

Cheers!

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass Budapest U last, Oxblood

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Anybody has a side by side comparison of the F-last vs. New Peter Last? Are they similar?

2) Does one take the same size in the the New Peter last and F-last?

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1) Anybody has a side by side comparison of the F-last vs. New Peter Last? Are they similar?

This has been discussed so many times, search and you will have a plethora of information.

This thread has lost all its charm and has morphed into a MTO and Sizing discussion,,,,sad.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I took 43.5 on F and 42.5 on New Peter. New Peter is wider for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads