• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just rarely in a mood to wear dress boots. Shoes are more comfortable and usually feel more appropriate with the rest of what I'm wearing. Bal boots and such are part of those things for me that are great on their own but don't get much wear. I've got a few ties that fit into that category...

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm just rarely in a mood to wear dress boots. Shoes are more comfortable and usually feel more appropriate with the rest of what I'm wearing. Bal boots and such are part of those things for me that are great on their own but don't get much wear. I've got a few ties that fit into that category...

in the same boat, always wear shoes.

Last edited:

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rezso has been very kind to share this with SF after I emailed him

"Ilcea ( Italy ) no colors/leather at the moment. we have asked for some new colors/samples
Zonta ( Italy ) green/blue/grey museum calf. we have suspended with them our contract.
Bonaudo (Italy ) plum/gold/brown/gold +7 museum calf. we are currently offering these leathers. quality ok, gold +7 is new color. deeper shade, better contrast.
Haas ( France ) all scotch grain leathers, + misty calf merlot, grey.
Du Puy (France ) all plain leathers (boxcalf) highest quality on the market…
Horween ( USA ) Cordovan shells.
Italhide ( Italy ) All exotic leathers. very high quality.all colors / leather types (exotic) are available. "

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh okay thanks. Haven't seen u-cap on u last. I'm surprised Vass didn't sabotage your order and make it on 3636 last. Tell us how you managed to get Vass to execute your mto to your specifications

this is what i sent to reszo

• Vass Weymouth in Brown Museum, style please refer to photo
• U last
• Brown Museum Calf
• Single sole with topy
• extra pair of insoles/insocks
• standard shoe trees

photo also from SF

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
The ones in the picture look like they have the "HAF" sole, and resulting imbalance with the heel. Yours are better!

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ones in the picture look like they have the "HAF" sole, and resulting imbalance with the heel. Yours are better!

I was under the impression Vass 'balanced' their HAF soles with added heel layers?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

photo also from SF

Are those pics of the same shoe?
I lurve those!!

I'm with you on this one for sure @OzzyJones. I see from the original post that these are cordovan. Beyond the style itself, which is terrific, I really like how the broguing seems to shade a little darker than the rest of the shoe.

I suppose I might be waiting some time to get a pair in cognac cordovan, though I suppose I wouldn't know until I ask.

I might have to add something like that to my wishlist. Right now it has far too many things on it, including:

R last oxford OE plain in cognac calf
R last oxford Budapest in burgundy shell
Budapest last Norweger loafer in black shell
Budapest or New Peter loafer in ostrich of some shade
And then I might have to add that one in the photo above... I don't know if I'm a U last man though, so I'd have to figure out the last. Probably R or F.

That's not too many, right?

Better get on that. :facepalm:

Maybe I'll pick one for one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads