• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rikod has like the exact same thing. I'm not sure which model he used but I think this is the picture.

e501ebfd_34goflv.jpeg

It's very nice and I'm thinking of doing that next myself.

Edward Green Emsley

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Current MTO Announcement!

Pardon the interruption, but here's a live one for anyone who's interested: we have a group MTO ready to go but due to a couple of late withdrawals, need another Vass fan or two to join us.

We are buying a specially-created Vass U-last adelaide, with a v-cap and matching v-facing, and brogueing around each. This is a new pattern that Vass will make for us, based on this. The planned colour option is similar to the top shoe in the picture, made in antique cognac, with a brown scotchgrain facing and toe cap. There is also a second colour option in the same order, of dark red cognac all over. Goyser stitching is optional at no extra cost, but this GMTO is for this shoe, on this last, in one of these two colourways.

Anyone interested, please PM me for a price, I don't want to clutter this thread or disrespect retailers by talking numbers. It's a good deal, but you'll need your money ready quite soon. :)

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
god damn two great back-to-back posts. stevent you are on fire. now imagine comping the best of both to create:

Stevent, how did you size on those? Im surprised you didnt get a 44 on the P2

SStomcat, what size are your pair? 3636 last? I like the alt wein with the full medallion but this one is also very nice

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ had heel slip on 44 in F (only size I could try on) so that's why I went smaller and figured p2 was a little wider

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty tight though I haven't worn the shoe yet so don't know for sure

agedashidofu

Reaction score

Rezso has been very kind to share this with SF after I emailed him

"Ilcea ( Italy ) no colors/leather at the moment. we have asked for some new colors/samples
Zonta ( Italy ) green/blue/grey museum calf. we have suspended with them our contract.
Bonaudo (Italy ) plum/gold/brown/gold +7 museum calf. we are currently offering these leathers. quality ok, gold +7 is new color. deeper shade, better contrast.
Haas ( France ) all scotch grain leathers, + misty calf merlot, grey.
Du Puy (France ) all plain leathers (boxcalf) highest quality on the market…
Horween ( USA ) Cordovan shells.
Italhide ( Italy ) All exotic leathers. very high quality.all colors / leather types (exotic) are available. "

Thanks for the info!!!
Did he also mention the timing of when they will go back to Ilcea?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stevent - those are awesome. And my size too. Kindly post your address so I can dispatch the covert extraction team....
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

sstomcat - those are very nice as well.

Just got confirmation that my spectators are done and ready to ship:

orig.jpg

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to get my size in the U last down.

Currently wear the following:

US 9EEE in the Allen Edmonds 108 last
UK 9 in the Alfred Sargent 109 last

Yes, I have very wide feet and I'm aware the U last is a narrow last. I'm thinking a 42.5G or a 43G? Does that sound about right?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I have very wide feet and I'm aware the U last is a narrow last.  I'm thinking a 42.5G or a 43G?  Does that sound about right?

I would guess size 42.5 H (H being their extra wide width).

I wear 11 EEE in AE, and Renzo recommended i go for size 44.5 H in the U last...

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I have very wide feet and I'm aware the U last is a narrow last.  I'm thinking a 42.5G or a 43G?  Does that sound about right?

is UK 9 on AS too big for you? I recommend you email your foot measurement to Vass, because you may not have the best fitting shoes to start with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads