• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best detail of the boot IMO is the brogue coming down the eyelets and curves towards the heel.

Wear in good health.

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Ilovelobbs, I trust you had this made as a special order, but this style isn't on the Vass catalogue. Was there an additional charge for a unique design?
Hello VR,

That's correct, special order - recent business meetings taken me to Budapest & Vienna last year.....spotted the opportunity to pop-in & order some boots directly...my lunch breaks in Budapest are never the same nowadays.

I caught Mr Vass with Eva at the new store by chance and enquired about their minimal boot range. In reality their demand for boots are not as high in the local market, especially the pricng point.

Technically they can make all the shoes you see in their catalogue into a boot or high boot version - subject to leather type.
I liked the Double Monks and River II sooooo much I asked for a special order in Boot (Monk) and High Boot (River II) version

There was no-surcharge, apart from my request for 3piece trees, steel toes; Shell; double sole and goyser...

Does this help?

Last edited:

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
The USP of Vass: everything is MTO, at standard charges. Congratulations on choosing something so excellent and original.

Thank you Mimo....

There was an ungentlemanlike guy on here who said my black boots were "Messy" and "would rather pay" 3 times for a pair of GG boots. I for sure would rather own 3 pairs of Vass to 1 pair of GG...If I am getting this sublime workmanship from Vass.

At least it doesn't "mess" up by bank balance...

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
The finish on G&G products seems excellent, I hear their quality control is tip-top (because they make all their own, including standard RTW lines), and the hand burnishing is really something. And also something that Vass don't do. They also have those slender, elongated lasts that are very elegant if that's your thing (although personally I think their "Deco" lasts are just too long and affected). So I can see what the ungentlemanly type might have been thinking.

But at the end of the day, I agree with you entirely: if you add trees and take away VAT, a standard pair of G&G shoes is more than twice the price of a Vass pair - and with Vass you get all the MTO option that would cost extra from G&G. And what's more, G&G, even in their higher priced Deco range, are giving you a gemmed, goodyear welted shoe whereas Vass are giving you a hand-welted shoe. Also, once you add in cordovan or exotics, the gap in price gets much wider too.

So yeah, I agree with you. Three pairs of Vass or even just two > one pair of G&G, even if it isn't in price!

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you Mimo....

There was an ungentlemanlike guy on here who said my black boots were "Messy" and "would rather pay" 3 times for a pair of GG boots. I for sure would rather own 3 pairs of Vass to 1 pair of GG...If I am getting this sublime workmanship from Vass.

At least it doesn't "mess" up by bank balance...   

Yeah that was very stupid on my part, my apologies. I don't really feel that way anyway so I take those comments back.

I personally don't like sleek boots from any maker including Vass or GG and maybe the angle you are taking the pics make the boots look strange.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Rikod, I have never found you ungentlemanly and certainly didn't realise you were the reference here! You're just...direct. :)

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To give you idea of my size and what I wear and tried on in Vass shoes:

I have many EG 202 in size 10E = My Vass on U & F are 44 - I don't like the P2, but P2 on 43.5 fits me fine.

Some of your C&J last are the wide country style which I have never owned.

Thanks mate. However, I am still not sure which one will fit me better? 39, 39.5, or 40? Guys, I need more of your suggestions, especially from small-footed gents.

I wear UK 6E in EG 202 last, US 6.5 B/D in Alden Hampton & Leydon lasts, US 6.5D in AE, UK 5.5-6E in C&J 325 last, US 6.5D in BB/C&J 240 last, US 7D in BB/C&J 317 last. My feet have relatively high arches.

What size should I get for VASS U, F, & P2 last?

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they really look that elongated irl? What size are they?

Maybe the angle of the photo makes it look more elongated.
This is the K last - is slightly longer than the stunted U last... 

Size 44 - US 11 - 

I'm also generally a US 11. What sizes do you wear in some other brands and lasts? I've got an idea of what I want to order from Vass and will ask Mr. Kuti for his advice, but since you're also an 11, I thought I'd see if you could provide some comparisons. Thanks!

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a nice blog J Ing.

Very informative and wished I stumbled upon this blog before. I recognized a couple of photos from other sites, where they compare the U; K & F last.
Very handy, as the 3 last is probably Vass best seller (outside Hungary).

Anyway...lets get back to the subject of more Vass Appreciation.... This pricing shenanigan getting too messy for my liking.
There are many newbies asking valid questions on pricing - it varies on what search domain you use. Some are
directed to proxies and some to more advertising website. Tom one liner put this subject to bed.

Cool blog J Ing - bookmarked.

Thanks guys!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads