• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the issue with the same questions over and over again, on my blog I have a buyers guide which answers most of the regular questions, sort out Vass width options, has last-comparison pics taken by Rezso and much more. It's written in Swedish though, but there's a translation tool on the blog which makes it readable in most languages: http://shoegazingpunktse.blogspot.se/2012/10/kopguide-vass-shoes.html

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Denouncing?

So if tomorrow some ignorant lazy new poster....

Well, however you would characterize labelling someone as ignorant and lazy for asking a simple question when they are obviously new to the forum.

You seem to quite willing to summon the effort to denou... well, whatever it is you call all of this ranting - yet deeply resentful of the minimal effort it would have taken to simply answer the question.

No doubt you have much more to say on the subject. I do not. I look forward to some more Vass Appreciation.

Last edited:

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Umm, by "be-spoke", does that mean the MTO prices or is that really bespoke? In their catalog, it does suggest they have bespoke...I mean...if that's the case, only 170 euro up charge from RTW to bespoke?

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, however you would characterize labelling someone as ignorant and lazy for asking a simple question when they are obviously new to the forum.

You seem to quite willing to summon the effort to denou... well, whatever it is you call all of this ranting - yet deeply resentful of the minimal effort it would have taken to simply answer the question.

No doubt you have much more to say on the subject.  I do not.  I look forward to some more Vass Appreciation.

Quite right -- if searching for 'vass shoe prices' is too difficult for the lazy ignorant poster to do, when it's clear it isn't, then I think the poster is lazy to do the search and ignorant because he doesn't know better than to do that. See, I substantiate what I write.

Being new to a forum doesn't preclude a person from doing a simple search. If he's new to the Internet and can't do a simple search, different story. If he manages to find the Vass thread on Styleforum, I don't see any sound rationale for why a guy new to the forum can't search with Google, or go back a couple of pages.

And like I said, why repeat and repeat and indulge the ignorant and lazy posters page after page after page.

I am aware that this thread is 400 pages long and I don't expect him to go through all 400 (that might be unreasonable), but there's no excuse when searching 'Vass price list' using Google, gives you the pricelist within the top 5 hits, and the price is done twice within 10 pages.

Last edited:

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Umm, by "be-spoke", does that mean the MTO prices or is that really bespoke? In their catalog, it does suggest they have bespoke...I mean...if that's the case, only 170 euro up charge from RTW to bespoke?

I think they modify an existing last for you if you fly there.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score

Bear in mind that all of Vass shoes if you order from them, are MTO at no extra charge. As long as you're using their last, an existing leather option and a style they offer, it's up to you. And that's the basic price. It's one of the things that I think makes them so awesome.

But as BBDC said, as I understand it, their "bespoke" services is actually what others would call "semi-bespoke": they don't make a last for you, rather they find the last that is closest to your fit and make some adjustments. Of course this might still be perfect in the end, but the work involved is not quite the same. To be fair, I don't know this for a fact, but I think it was hinted at earlier in this thread.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
As there's a limited availability at any time from Horween, I guess the answer is to ask what Vass have or can get at any one time.

tcideneb

Reaction score

Pardon the Appreciation intrusion, but the Oxblood double monks I posted earlier as incoming: Have now arrived: I'm a very happy camper.
Hi, may I know what last these monks are on? Also do you have any pics of them from a top angle? Thanks

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Regarding the issue with the same questions over and over again, on my blog I have a buyers guide which answers most of the regular questions, sort out Vass width options, has last-comparison pics taken by Rezso and much more. It's written in Swedish though, but there's a translation tool on the blog which makes it readable in most languages: http://shoegazingpunktse.blogspot.se/2012/10/kopguide-vass-shoes.html
This is a nice blog J Ing.

Very informative and wished I stumbled upon this blog before. I recognized a couple of photos from other sites, where they compare the U; K & F last.
Very handy, as the 3 last is probably Vass best seller (outside Hungary).

Anyway...lets get back to the subject of more Vass Appreciation.... This pricing shenanigan getting too messy for my liking.
There are many newbies asking valid questions on pricing - it varies on what search domain you use. Some are
directed to proxies and some to more advertising website. Tom one liner put this subject to bed.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads