• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewie

Reaction score

I looked like your average crazy when I found this. I actually shouted at this "what the **** are you doing here?!?"

Such a tease! Moar Pics/Detail! :lurk:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I hit for the cycle in denim today! Feels good to find some grail stuff after such a long dry spell. And they ALL fit! Mostly. Some a bit more snug and some a bit looser than I like.

Nutcrushers! They are slightly more snug than my 514's in the same waist size (30) but only 3 buttons? That's a short rise my man!

I don't care that the denim heads don't think much of Diesel! This is my second pair and I REALLY LIKE how they fit! The baked on pre-distressed fading is kind of hokey but it's not horrible.

At 33W, these are slightly big on me when I first put them on and feel like they'll get bigger as the day goes on.

These fit very snugly but when I lose the last 15 pounds that I intend, they should be fine.

I need a cigarette.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ccc8d3d8_dbc75961_Spoo.gif

Mezlans. Gator or Croc. Real or fake?

null-18.jpg

Great pic, hard call. Mezlan is known for their skins, but this is too good of a skin for Mezlan. A center cut, belly skin with no fight marks? Almost too perfect, and theres no way that skin would have hit their price point. Also, see the creasing across the tiles at the bendmarks? Thats a giveaway of printed leather. Real gators dont do that. Its like when you bend a credit card in half. Though the detail of the print is pretty good, they even got the fine lines inbetween the tiles.

Verdict : 95% sure stamped. If you want to send them to me to look and I can send them back, would be happy to look for you.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where would a NWOT, drop crotch, twisty legged pair of these rate on the rarity scale (in the US at least)?

Wow!!

I looked like your average crazy when I found this. I actually shouted at this "what the **** are you doing here?!?"

:bounce2:

I've been inside a handful of Journal Standard stores while in Tokyo this past fall. Such cool stuff. Also had me looking like this every time I left. :fu:

They didn't carry any LL (double L is like their XL), the largest size they carried was L and a Japanese L fits like a US M. Still, that's a crazy find!

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100% unavailable. This thing fits perfect. I'm so happy. :slayer::D

edit: when I was looking at this I didn't realize it was JS homestead right off the bat. There is a lot of vintage workwearish stuff at this spot, usually beat up. I actually was thinking 'oh hey, this is where JS Homestead / sunny sports get their designs from.'

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe not all SF approved but today's finds. already waiting on eBay so N/A although I'm making an Orange sweater vest available for any regular. Check the spoiler to see...

Kuhlman 100% Cashmere made in Italy 52R

Found an identical sweater vest in Orange but no maker tag so available. Approx XL. 80% Cashmere, 20% Silk

PRL by Corn.

This kind of stuff keeps me humble. definitely would not have recognized that

Last edited:

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That really is sick.

I usually leave them on the shelf cause I have been burned too many times at $5

I feel like this is really a lesson in photography for those of us selling on the bay. I've definitely had times where something should have sold for multiple X what it did, and the fault is my terrible iphone photos.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I usually leave them on the shelf cause I have been burned too many times at $5

And sharks to boot. (I think I've already noted I call the triple pleats "sharks", on account of the similarity of 3 pleats to gills, the 4 pleat ones I call Megalodon, an ancient massive great white).

Shiny (I think): that brooksease is awesome. I've been looking for something similar. Would love to find a nice summer weight hop sack weave with 3 x patch pockets.

Hammer: 52 EU? Check thy pm.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This kind of stuff keeps me humble. definitely would not have recognized that

This brand has only recently been carried by milkmade, hickoree's, acrimony and maybe a few other overpriced boutiques in the US. This was an incredibly rare find. I know and covet this label and still didn't realize what it was until checking the content tag that said "Journal Standard Homestead".

CesarC

Reaction score
MZHammer, I like your style of photos -- very concise and effective. Shiny, great stuff! I'm so glad you found nice things in your size.

PSA -- I forget who gave the tip about Pantherella merino wool socks at Marshall's, but I just checked mine and they are loaded! About >20 sets of 3-packs, in various colors, all size medium (UK 6 - 8.5). The color combos I saw were grey/green/blue, grey/brown/yellow, and grey/red/yellow. I picked up some for myself, but can go back and proxy (at-cost) for any thread regulars, total cost per pair is just under $6.

Have some finds to post, but will do that in better light. I do have one question about a tag -- I could've sworn I've seen this before, but now I think I'm deluding myself. No country of origin marked, which is suspicious. Any info on this, found at TJ Maxx -- I kind of like it for myself, but might end up returning it unless that's a bad idea:

- >> ??

Last edited:

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like this is really a lesson in photography for those of us selling on the bay. I've definitely had times where something should have sold for multiple X what it did, and the fault is my terrible iphone photos.

i think it may come more down to lighting then the iphone.
its pretty good for pics in daylight. not so much without it.
the whitebox i think makes a big difference.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MZHammer, I like your style of photos -- very concise and effective.
Thanks, I've been playing around with eBay listing main pics and this is the style I've come to. I wanted something a little different that was identifiable too. A main shot that shows shape and pattern along with the label dropped in. Amazing what you can do with an iphone and MS Paint these days!

i think it may come more down to lighting then the iphone.
its pretty good for pics in daylight. not so much without it.
the whitebox i think makes a big difference.
I definitely need a white box

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads