• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldSpider

Reaction score
Picked up this new-with-tags Brooks Brothers classic brown herringbone sportcoat, size 45XL.

PS: Does anyone have any recommendations for photographing items, such as lighting and specific details?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Picked up this new-with-tags Brooks Brothers classic brown herringbone sportcoat, size 45XL.

PS: Does anyone have any recommendations for photographing items, such as lighting and specific details?
Nice pickup.

The lighting question has been covered a number of times indepth both in this thread if you search and also here http://www.styleforum.net/t/309281/...icks-problems-questions/1300_100#post_5924126. If you have a specific question in regards to lighting and photographing stuff I would ask it in the link I just provided and you will get a better answer/discussion as this thread moves too fast.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers Navy Blue Staple Suit - 3 Roll 2, Pleated, Cuffed - 42L 34/31

Brooks Brothers Gray Nailhead Suit - Pleated, Cuffed - 42L 34/31

Brooks Brothers Check Tweed SC - 3 roll 2, 40L

Bespoke Dormeuil Fabric SC - Pick Stitch, Ticket Pocket, Surgeon Cuffs - 42R

Crazy Check Tweed for the little guys....34R

Old Label Burberry London Tweed 40R

Old Label Burberry London Tweed 40R

Cashmere Houndstooth SC 40R

Daks Beige and Brass SC 42S

Florsheim Longwing V Cleat 5 Nails - 10.5 C

Hickey Freeman SC Blue Gray with Gold Windowpane - 42L

HSM SC 48S

HSM Travelor - 46R

Harris Tweed Herringbone - 40R

Harris Tweed Brown Gray Check - 46R

Lands End Linen/Cotton SC 44L

Jack Victor - Loro Piana Camelhair SC - 42R

NWT Orvis Bold Blackwatch Tweed 48L

Orvis Plaid Tweed 48R

Orvis Harris Tweed 3 roll 2 - 50L

Southwick Flannel SC - 40L

Southwick Tweed Suit, Gray Herringbone, 3 Roll 2, Flat Front, Cuffed - 40R 36/31

Josephs Amazing Technicolor Tweed Coat - 44L

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Massimo Dutti? I picked up a pair of flat front chinos made by them yesterday. They reminded me of the Incotex I picked up a few months back. I think they are a 32 waist got they are available.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ECHO ECHO Echo Echo echo echo echo

inorite?

Anywhoo, nice stuff Cap. That bespoke Dormeuil (whatever; I don't know how to spell it) had my attention, but I'm being good for the Holidays.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I left a gorgeous Domenico Spano three-button peak lapel cashmere blazer in a thrift on 4th Street in San Rafael, CA. Had to get out of the in-law's house for a few minutes, but didn't feel like carrying home something that didn't fit me. It was maybe a 40 R or so.

dustinmyself

Reaction score

I left a gorgeous Domenico Spano three-button peak lapel cashmere blazer in a thrift on 4th Street in San Rafael, CA. Had to get out of the in-law's house for a few minutes, but didn't feel like carrying home something that didn't fit me. It was maybe a 40 R or so.

anyone want to proxy this for me? :)

jcubzzz

Reaction score
I have been with the family for Thanksgiving and haven't had an opportunity to post my finds so this will be a short post. Some seriously great finds have come up recently and I have enjoyed seeing what everyone has grabbed. Found two ties and need have some questions with the first one.

Is this the Chanel I'm looking for? Real or fake? Good find, mediocre find, bad find? Any help would be appreciated.

Also found my first Etro.

I'll try to post my other finds later when I have more time. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads